lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2021, 01:37 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 CC DS w/Alltrax 400,Solenoid no click, Chugging

Hooking the Alltrax up and making a data log will tell you a lot about what is going on. Every input to the Alltrax is logged along with error codes. Very useful but you need a portable computer so that you can try to drive the cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2021, 07:59 AM   #12
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Testing done, No power to Solenoid small terminals + and -, when pedal pushed. If solenoid is jumped out at MAIN posts, cart runs fine. Solenoid and MCOR 4 are new. Still have no solenoid click when pedal pushed. Bad wire in the harness/solenoid activation circuit? I've also read possibly the OBC can cause this?? Should I check the Blu/wht stripe wire and Lt Blue activation wires back from solenoid? Where do those wires come from ahead of the solenoid? (Again 2011 CC DS IQ) Thank You again!
Johnny NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:22 PM   #13
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

SOLVED !!! SORRY GUYS...wanted to update this old thread. I had some 'Downtime',(Medical), and just got back to this Cart. It has been a head scratcher for sure, I ended up contacting ALLTRAX directly and they were AWESOME, tech walked me thru a few different tests/scenarios...End of Story, it WAS the ALLTRAX. Apparently an 'internal grounding failure' inside controller. It would not allow the Solenoid to 'click/close', The issue of Cart 'Chugging', or slowly jumping WITHOUT solenoid clicking was the hint for the Alltrax tech (Will Hopper) i spoke with !! It can allow enough voltage thru to allow intermittent power to motor circuit, but not enough to engage solenoid circuit ! ! ALLTRAX Reps were AWESOME, and Warranteed the XCT400 even tho it was 4 mos out of Warranty. I had issues with this controller since 4/2020 on day 2,, SAMe thing, and ScottyB and I discussed, but then the cart ran fine for a whole year !! Then it happened again, totally dead... but I could never Pin it down , even with all of your help here...I got discouraged and just let it sit for the winter, after a few quick tests without an available Laptop- 'Old School' test found it.!!! ALLTRAX is replacing with a new one! I call THAT Service !!! ALLTRAX really is the best, and I'm here to say THANK YOU to them !! I look forward to getting the 'Crusher' back running... couple new carts in the hood that need a Spanking
Johnny NH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v to alltrax in tow?, cc solenoid no click, chugging 48v, sw180 gone crazy?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car