lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2021, 06:01 PM   #11
jaco523
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can I use a 12v switch to control 48v ignition switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCART8A4RE View Post
Jaco523, funny thing is, after doing some research, that relay looks just like the factory club car 48v relay they use in some of their models. Did it have a description of the pin layout? Were the coil and contact pins noted?
https://www.citrelay.com/Catalog%20P...5F%2050amp.pdf
jaco523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2021, 08:10 PM   #12
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco523 View Post
Awesome thanks for posting, what did you end up using that relay for? I know you said you were thinking about somthing similar, just curious.
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #13
jaco523
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCART8A4RE View Post
Awesome thanks for posting, what did you end up using that relay for? I know you said you were thinking about somthing similar, just curious.
I haven't installed it yet, but hopefully this weekend.

basically I'm adding a master switch inline with my keyswitch.

I moved my keyswitch to an inconspicuous location under the dash, and have a row of 12v marine switches in the dash, one of which I'm going to wire to the coil on the relay to switch the 48v coming from the keyswitch.

So then I have the option of turning off the cart with just the master switch, or removing the key.
jaco523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:47 PM   #14
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco523 View Post
I haven't installed it yet, but hopefully this weekend.

basically I'm adding a master switch inline with my keyswitch.

I moved my keyswitch to an inconspicuous location under the dash, and have a row of 12v marine switches in the dash, one of which I'm going to wire to the coil on the relay to switch the 48v coming from the keyswitch.

So then I have the option of turning off the cart with just the master switch, or removing the key.
That will be a really cool set up while being inconspicuous. I considered just using a toggle switch as a kill switch to override the ignition but once I started researching the RFID options my brain hasn't shut down and I bug myself about it until I can prove it's a bad idea, lol. Plus the "cool factor" of it gets the best of me...Best of luck w/ your project. I appreciate all your input!
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:18 PM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I'd be interested to know what you come up with.
I looked into some RFID options a few years ago and everything I could come up with still required a card or fob to be within a very close proximity to the reader, basically as close as putting the key into the switch.
I've been looking for a real proximity sensor system that will detect a fob on the driver and only allow the cart to work if the driver of the cart is within 3-4 feet of the cart. The ones I found (for a reasonable cost) either had a range of about 6" or something like 15-20 feet, nothing in between.

If I can come up with a system that works when the driver has a fob on their person (pocket, lanyard, wrist, etc.) and all they have to do is sit on the cart and it's activated then I would upgrade all of mine and get rid of keys entirely.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car