lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #1
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lift Kit - A-arm or Spindle

Hi all - been searching and reading the many posts throughout the forum in regards to lift kits.

I have a 2005 Precedent used primarily for golf and running around the neighborhood. It does not have a rear seat and I don't see the need for one in the future. I am contemplating a 3" to 4" inch lift kit to accommodate slightly larger tires. I currently have 215/40/12 that are in need of replacement and am thinking of getting 215/50/12 which I think would look a bit better and likely ride a bit better as well.

Looks like my options are either an A-Arm lift or a Spindle lift - seems like the price difference is $100 to $150 more for the A-Arm.

Seems like the only negatives that I have been able to find is that some folks have had a tough time aligning or maintaining the alignment with the spindle lift. From my research it doesn't appear that many folks have had too many problems with the A-frame lifts.

So my question - for my use case would there be an advantage for me to go with one lift or the other. Perhaps since I am only going 3" to 4" inches either lift would be just fine - or is it worth it to spend a bit more to go with the A-frame.

Appreciate the thoughts up front.
DJ
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #2
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lift Kit - A-arm or Spindle

Get the A Arm Lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 04:51 AM   #3
JohnP3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My $0.02:

Newbie here; I've only had a cart for a few months and started with the same question. One of the reasons I decided on the A-arm lift was for exactly the reason you state - the ability to easily align and get camber correct. I ended up with a 6" Allsports A-arm lift and 12" wheels with 23" tires. I am pleased with my decision and thank all here for their guidance.

That being said, you mention golf course use - please be sure that your course (or courses) allows carts with a lift, and also be sure that you use "approved" tires. From what I've seen and heard, most golf courses will not allow lifted carts (safety issue) or tires with an aggressive tread (turf damage).

Best of Luck!
JohnP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:03 AM   #4
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP3 View Post
My $0.02:

Newbie here; I've only had a cart for a few months and started with the same question. One of the reasons I decided on the A-arm lift was for exactly the reason you state - the ability to easily align and get camber correct. I ended up with a 6" Allsports A-arm lift and 12" wheels with 23" tires. I am pleased with my decision and thank all here for their guidance.

That being said, you mention golf course use - please be sure that your course (or courses) allows carts with a lift, and also be sure that you use "approved" tires. From what I've seen and heard, most golf courses will not allow lifted carts (safety issue) or tires with an aggressive tread (turf damage).

Best of Luck!

Thanks for the input - no doubt, the course/club only allows turf/street tires. My club does not seem to frown on the moderate lifts that are 3" or 4" inches to accommodate a little larger turf tire/wheel setup. Both responses here kind of talked me into what I was thinking in the first place - A-arm in 3" or 4" inch to allow just a little larger tire setup.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car