lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default All Sports SUCKS EGGS

9 Months I had to wait for my AllSports order to be delivered.. Four times they gave me a ship date and three times is was complete BS to just string the customer along.

No problem, I understand that there are shortages, so I waited patiently..

Now I have installed my lift kit and a bunch of other accessories in prep for a party this weekend.. and what do I find? The brake cables are too short..

NINE FREAKING MONTHS and they couldn't tell me that their thousand dollar lift kit was going to require me to get longer brake cables? WTF is wrong with that company?

Its not a "lift kit", its just parts to lift the golf cart up.. a "KIT" includes what you need to complete the job..

So now I'm stuck.. the cables won't reach. the drivers side isn't even close and there's no way to install the cable bracket at all. So much for using the golf cart at the party this weekend.

Can someone tell me what cables I need to purchase that will be compatible and provide the extra length needed? The passenger side is short as well.. Both cables need another good 3 to 4 inches to be installed, and probably 4 or 5 to get them tucked up under properly..

Does anyone sell the longer cables for lifted carts?
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2021, 07:58 PM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: All Sports SUCKS EGGS

Where are you located? I've used guys that make throttle cables for motorcycles when you change out bars before and they can make any length and are usually pretty creative on connection points when needed. Might be worth looking into if there is a shop close to you.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:11 PM   #3
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

I sent you a PM
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:50 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Eggs huh? I remember an old country song called "Egg suckin Dog"....dunno if that was the name or just part of the lyrics.

Had to update.....it was Johnny Cash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYNK8A_bXwA
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I've done dozens of lifts on Trucks and SUVs and they never come with longer brake hoses or parking brake cables. Most of the time there is no mention of any of that being needed, and it 99% of the time you need longer brake hoses for any lift.
Not uncommon at all for companies to not even include instructions with a kit.

I know it may be frustrating, but this is a somewhat common install, and alot of the info and nitty gritty details are out there, if you take a few minutes to search or ask. Most people just flip the brake assemblies so the original cables reach properly.
Pull the axles out, unbolt the backing plates and swap them L to R so the brake levers are on the top instead of on the bottom. You don't even have to remove any of the springs or the brake shoes. Pop the axles back in.
Install the cable mount plates on top of the spring. Then fit the cables and adjust the tension using the adjuster under the floor mat.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:48 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Uncommon common sense.
9 months of waiting without fully researching the application & installation.
Now any surprise is the merchants fault.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:14 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Any mods like this come with some unexpected problems. Part of the "fun".
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:58 AM   #8
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I've done dozens of lifts on Trucks and SUVs and they never come with longer brake hoses or parking brake cables. Most of the time there is no mention of any of that being needed, and it 99% of the time you need longer brake hoses for any lift.
Not uncommon at all for companies to not even include instructions with a kit.

I know it may be frustrating, but this is a somewhat common install, and alot of the info and nitty gritty details are out there, if you take a few minutes to search or ask. Most people just flip the brake assemblies so the original cables reach properly.
Pull the axles out, unbolt the backing plates and swap them L to R so the brake levers are on the top instead of on the bottom. You don't even have to remove any of the springs or the brake shoes. Pop the axles back in.
Install the cable mount plates on top of the spring. Then fit the cables and adjust the tension using the adjuster under the floor mat.
And for more lift you can flip the axle tubes over so the spring perch is on the top.
Cb750 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 12:30 PM   #9
jdpber
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Uncommon common sense.
9 months of waiting without fully researching the application & installation.
Now any surprise is the merchants fault.

best reply
jdpber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpber View Post

best reply
Now, now...you boys play nice. Reminds me when I first bought a "new" vehicle. It was a little Chevy S10 pickup, made the deal and when the guy brought it out it didn't have a back bumper on it! I asked where the bumper was and he said that was extra. They didn't come with one because people wanted different kinds. Cost me $200 more. I know how Murphy feels...
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car