lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2021, 09:57 AM   #11
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Disconnecting reverse buzzer?

How do you folks know that your vehicle (many times heavier than your golf cart) is in reverse without a buzzer

I think a buzzer may be helpful, but are we really not paying attention to this level that we need some silly buzzer to "remind" us that we are in reverse?
If I hit the throttle and the cart goes slightly backward I am pretty sure that I am not going forward, and in a mere second I can flip my switch and be on my way :)

By the way-I don't have a buzzer!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2021, 11:30 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You have to start your car in neutral. Big difference. You can't leave it in reverse and have it suddenly go. Golf carts are ready to go when you turn on the key - in either direction. If you are that sure of yourself - go for it. There is a reason that the buzzer is required - and some carts won't run if you disconnect it. Lots of people drive my cart when I'm golfing so I can't count on my own proficiency.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:55 AM   #13
Corn Flake
Not Yet Wild

The buzzer on my cart was dead, and I bought a new one. After all, I get tired of explaining to people when they are in reverse. If you hear the buzzer, you know the thing is in reverse.
Corn Flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:16 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve disconnected the reverse buzzer on almost every cart I’ve owned. I left it on my current DS only because it indicates faults. For example, if my son is sitting next to me, he has a tendency to kick the button into neutral while driving. When we lose power and it starts trying to suddenly stop itself I hear the beeping and know what happened. But I still put a piece of electrical tape over it and poked a little hole to quiet it down a lot. Always hated the sound of piezos.

With me, my wife, all my kids, etc. driving them. Nobody has ever backed into anything. My daughter hit a hay bale once but that was another story, and she hit that in the front
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #15
Dgreen78
Not Yet Wild

All this talk of disconnecting and making it quieter? Why not just swap it with a better (less annoying) sound? I’m assuming it is a 12v buzzer? My wife’s Nissan Leaf has a nice back up chime, maybe I can see if I can find a used one on eBay to try….
Dgreen78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:28 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't know what voltage most controllers run to the buzzer. The controller generates low voltages for the electronics, usually 5 volts, so that may be what goes to the buzzer. The tape trick makes it still loud enough but not so shrill sounding. Maybe someone can make one that talks to you. My RC airplane / drone radio talks to me telling me where my switches are. It also warns me if I try to take off with switches in wrong positions.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:18 PM   #17
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Golf carts are ready to go when you turn on the key
club car reverse buzzer is 48 volt

i'm one of those that never turns the key off, never in 10 years. my cart sits outside the back door with the key on and a garage door remote above the mirror, in 23 years never locked the house either. i guess i'm not a very secure guy.
i think it's common sense which way the cart is heading. i guess i ease into the pedal when i take off. if i'm headed the wrong way i just pull my foot up and switch directions. no braking required and no panic involved
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:24 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ogre View Post
. no braking required and no panic involved
Reminds me of the 90L “unintended acceleration” recall from Toyota. Common sense prevents panic… unfortunately there’s nothing common about common sense…

Forward it reverse I don’t care, if someone hops in a golf cart or anything and slams the pedal to the floor they’re begging for something bad to happen.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:58 PM   #19
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
You have to start your car in neutral. Big difference. You can't leave it in reverse and have it suddenly go.
2 of my cars will still start in any gear
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:35 PM   #20
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

This has gotten better than the China or Mexico MCOR4 debate. I always recommend the Mexico ones from BGW sponsors in all fairness.

But I will continue to use the China ones at 3 for 1 prices!

(Please do not respond to this post since it has nothing to do with the buzzer thread.)
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car