lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2021, 02:25 AM   #21
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Camber

Now thats what this forum is for! Helping others in any way possible.

CCNorth, you obviously did not get the hint in post #10 that he needed a spring LOL. Wake up girl, I knew you had one and was hoping you would make the offer then.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2021, 11:56 AM   #22
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Now thats what this forum is for! Helping others in any way possible.

CCNorth, you obviously did not get the hint in post #10 that he needed a spring LOL. Wake up girl, I knew you had one and was hoping you would make the offer then.
I am admitting the following in the hope of helping someone in the future.

You're right, as always, CM in that I should have made the offer sooner. In my defense, I had read back through all my notes and found a notation about using a longer spring to "square up" a cart for better handling rather than having the front stock spring that makes the front wheels 4.1 inches inset from the rear. Sergio disagreed with the "squaring" improving handling and said most people square the cart to make it look better. He said "you can make it any length you want it to be" referring to the spring. He also mentioned using spacers to square the front. So, I was not willing to step forward and tell NOLA26 he needed a new spring. And, I could not tell from the photo if the current spring is sagging. Scott quail pointed out that the spring looked like it was for DS but I was not sure if that makes it the wrong spring to use. I think Scott was saying that it should not be used, but I wasn't sure. Having said all this, I was not focused on the spring.

My first guess was that he needed at least new bushings on the front and probably a new clevis and/or spindle on the PS. That's why I was pushing the issue of checking those parts as you described.

I asked NOLA26 to send me his shipping address and I'd give him the spring if he will pay shipping. Okay, I'll throw in a couple of spindles and clevis' to make up for my lack of attention to the thread. Am I forgiven now?
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:45 AM   #23
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

No need for forgiveness CC, I was only ribbing you anyway. Thats a nice gesture that you made and I am proud of you.

Hopefully the spring is all that will be needed though.

I would have offered one myself but the shipping from here would have been rather expensive.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #24
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

I really appreciate the offer and all the help. I ended up buying a spring from a local dealer. The new front spring and bushings almost immediately fixed the camber issue even before I adjusted the toe and camber.

When I bought the new front bushings, I also bought new rear bushings. I figured that if the front bushings were that bad, the rear probably needed some love also. I went to change the rear bushings last night and discovered that they were in almost new condition. The previous owner must have changed them. However, I did discover that the bushings in the rear spring shackles were completely gone and only the sleeve remained. I removed the shackles and cleaned up the sleeve. I then found that the bushings that came with the rear bushing kit are too long for the shackle. I cut about an 1/8" off of each bushing and reinstalled the shackle. That fixed the problem I was having, but am now wondering if the cut down bushings will last? I also see the diagram and part#https://golfcartpartsdirect.com/Cate...ear-suspension for the rear shackle bushings is the same as the rear spring bushing. I know on my cart the rear spring bushing would not fit and the shackle sleeve did not sit flush with the bushings when fully seated.

Just thought I would update yall on my progress. I'll grab some update pictures tonight and post the difference these new parts made.

Any thoughts on using the cut down bushings and why the part# listed won't work for my cart?
NOLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #25
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

Here is the pic of the cart just after the new spring and front bushings were installed.

After I adjusted the toe last night, I drove the cart and another issue popped up. When I'm driving straight, on level street, no bumps, the cart will randomly pull or sway to one side. It will sway to the right or left. After driving around some to try and figure out what was going on, I found that if I leaned or shifted my weight to one side of the cart, it would sway in that direction. I double checked all the bolts that hold the spring in place, checked the steering box bolts, and the lug nuts on wheels. I can't find anything that is loose in the front end that would cause this to happen. Any suggestions on what to check or what may cause this to happen?
Old 11-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #26
Scott quail
Gone Wild

check the air pressure in each tire. Should be pretty close to eachother.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:30 PM   #27
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you have toe out you will get left pull when on driver side and pull to right when you move to the right side.
You might need to toe it in just a little bit more.
I like to use two 4' 2x4s hung centered on each front tire with bungies and measure each end of them. I also like an 1/8" less at the front of the boards.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #28
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

That was it. The toe was just a little bit off. I re-adjusted the toe again last night and it rides perfectly straight now. Thanks everyone for your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car