lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2021, 03:49 PM   #31
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Motor Issues?

If the C-Clip is inside, then you may have to install the bearing first. Maybe others here have experience with that motor. I don't. I have only taken apart my Hitachi motors that were in my Yamaha G29 carts.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2021, 04:44 PM   #32
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
If the C-Clip is inside, then you may have to install the bearing first. Maybe others here have experience with that motor. I don't. I have only taken apart my Hitachi motors that were in my Yamaha G29 carts.
Interesting. The OP and I have ezgos one year apart, that's why I assume our motors are similar. My earlier post about using an 8 inch gear puller is used to remove the cover. The bearing comes off the shaft with said cover (lid) whatever you call it. Guess that gear puller will only work on those type motors.
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 06:03 PM   #33
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGoneWild View Post
I'm fixing to put mine back together. So just so I have this straight, you set the bearing in the cover holding the brushes, put the C-clip on to hold the bearing in and then pounded the bearing down on the shaft through the hole where the speed sensor goes, do I have that right? I assume our motors are close to the same
Bearing in cover > C clip > Armature. I was able to get the bearing to drop in without hitting it. I used a 4lb dead weight to get the armature all the way into the bearing.
adrianp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #34
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp89 View Post
Bearing in cover > C clip > Armature. I was able to get the bearing to drop in without hitting it. I used a 4lb dead weight to get the armature all the way into the bearing.
I gotcha. Thanks
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO