lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #1
ringkingpin
Not Yet Wild

Default Fastest Spinning Series Motor

Hey guys, as far as I know, the fastest spinning series cart motor I know of is the GE 5BC49JB3071. This is a great motor! I had one in service for ten+ years and it always kicked butt. I recently thought that I burned the motor up but it was actually the Speed controller that died, an OLD D&D that gave me years of good service. I think it's probably time for me to get the GE rewound but I'm interested in finding something NEW that spins just as fast or faster. I have since, also upgraded to a 500amp Altrax speed controller. I didn't feel the need to get to the 600 amp speed controller because I recently upgraded to Allied lithium batteries. It's amazing how they don't drop much in voltage meaning that the amps don't climb too bad. Under load, I can get it to tap 500amps but it's just for a second and then it starts to come back down while still accelerating. With 22" wheels and 10:1 gearing, I was seeing 37mph and it drives like a caddy. So, who makes the fastest spinning series cart motors out there or 5,700 or higher?
ringkingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2021, 10:48 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Fastest Spinning Series Motor

did you check with plumquick

https://plumquick.com/custom-built-m...nake-club-car/
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:45 AM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

There are a lot of motors that can spin 6000-6500 rpm's on 48 volts without modification. It is my understanding that once you get into the 6000 plus range you'll need banding on the armature commutator to keep it from coming apart. EMP can custom build you a motor to your specifications but when you increase rpm's you increase demand on your battery pack and reduce drive time. That said, if you want a faster spinning motor maybe check out some of the AC options, they'll go up to 9000 rpm.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:12 AM   #4
ringkingpin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
There are a lot of motors that can spin 6000-6500 rpm's on 48 volts without modification. It is my understanding that once you get into the 6000 plus range you'll need banding on the armature commutator to keep it from coming apart. EMP can custom build you a motor to your specifications but when you increase rpm's you increase demand on your battery pack and reduce drive time. That said, if you want a faster spinning motor maybe check out some of the AC options, they'll go up to 9000 rpm.
I agree, AC will be the way to go once there is an option for series carts with ten splines. The last time I checked, there wasn't anything out there. There aren't "a lot of motors that spin 6000-6500 rpm on 48 volts" if you know of one, post here. So far the fastest I've found that has a ten spline that would work in a series cart is the G.E. motor at 5,700. EMP won't build one either, I've tried twice to have them make something. I imagine that they're worried about liability but the cart truly drives like a car and there are some longer roads I take that would be nice for a little more speed...
Old 11-09-2021, 07:22 PM   #5
greg-g
Gone Wild

Can easily be converted to a c
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:53 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

All of the AC kits for Club Car are 10 spline motors.
You would need an IQ wire harness, and a rocker switch for the FnR. The rest comes with the kit.
Navitas, Silverwolf, coupe others that are more oriented towards electric vehicles or industrial, but would work on a golf cart.

The Silverwolf kit would easily put you in the 40+mph range.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 07:41 AM   #7
ringkingpin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
All of the AC kits for Club Car are 10 spline motors.
You would need an IQ wire harness, and a rocker switch for the FnR. The rest comes with the kit.
Navitas, Silverwolf, coupe others that are more oriented towards electric vehicles or industrial, but would work on a golf cart.

The Silverwolf kit would easily put you in the 40+mph range.
Thanks! Would an AC setup be more efficient too? Better range?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car