lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2021, 08:57 PM   #1
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default modern looking Key switch

Bought a new dash for my cart and I am laying out the switches for all the 12 volt accessories that will run off the buck converter. These are really nice switches that have a really nice look to them and I would love to find an equally nice led lit key switch. I searched for 48v switches but can't seem to find anything cool looking that will match the other switches. Any leads or info would be great.
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2021, 09:54 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: modern looking Key switch

You don't need specifically a 48V switch if you can add a resistor to the LED.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:23 PM   #3
FatBusting
Not Yet Wild

switches really don't care if it is 12v or 48v, just as long as it can handle the current. The 48v key circuit is pretty low current, so your 12v switches would also work for the ignition.

A real slick setup would be to wire in a key fob remote to power up and down the cart, with a backup panel of 4 or more switches what could serve as a manual power up.

I just wired up a keyfob remote for a bus handicap lift that is being used for accessibility to a porch. The controller board was $20 on amazon. Just run the ignition though one of the relays. Press the 'A' Button to turn off, press the 'A' button to turn on.

Using 4 or more switches, the switches could be hard wired that a combination of on/off/off/on would activate the ignition, where any other combination doesn't. With the remote, nobody will know the code but you. The more switches, the stronger the security.

since I rarely have pockets at the pool, I've also been thinking about finding a fingerprint reader setup, rather than the key fob. I generally leave the key in the cart, but it has happened that visitors will 'borrow' a cart just for a minute (hours), where 4 switches will foil most drunks. It would also be possible to bobby trap one switch, that if it is switched, a horn or siren could go off.

An 8 switch panel would have 256 combinations. The attached image could function as an ignition, stand alone or paired with a $20 key fob relay.

It comes down a lot to how much security you want/need, balanced with the fact that in 10 seconds I can break your dash and jumper the ignition and off I go. Using only switches is a question of how much you trust your friends. Anyone who rides in a cart that only uses switches can be taken by anyone who rides in the cart, which for me is a good thing. I just want strangers to stay away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71wv50nATfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (113.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 61aSrssixDL._AC_SL1200_.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)
FatBusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:23 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve been thinking about putting this in my cart. Probably will do it this winter. I’ll probably put the receiver ring at the bottom of one of my cup holders in the dash, and when I toss the rfid key tag into the cup holder it will allow it to turn on.

EASYGUARD EC004 Smart RFID Car Alarm System Push Engine Start Button & Keyless Go System Fits for Most DC12V Cars https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HCAYQ0G...SJES8K15ANA796
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:47 PM   #5
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Such great ideas guys, I had not really considered going keyless but now my mind is spinning, I love the looks of these switches for my accessories and they are big and feel awesome and match the remote off switch for the lithium pack perfectly that will be wired on the dash as well.

Just was hoping there was some similar style key switch and or metal USB switch most of the amazon sub 20 sockets for USB look cheap and plastic

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09289N9TC...roduct_details
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car