lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #1
SCfan
Not Yet Wild

Default New Battery Tray < $60

Recently bought an EZ-GO cart from a neighbor who was selling his summer cottage he never used. It was fixed up and used a few times and then sat for like 7 or 8 years. So I pulled the rear body off to clean up and make replacing the tray easier. Bought on stick of 1.5"x1.5" angle iron 1/8" thick for $25 (from metal supply place) and a 3 foot length of 1/8" thick 3" wide flat bar for $16 (from HD got raped!, metal supply was out of stock) stock and cut to size and welded up, dried a few holes and painted with black tractor supply paint for ~$16.

Old corroded tray

New Tray

Painted along with a couple of other parts while they were off the cart

It all turned out really good and let me practice my metal cutting and welding skills. All in all still saved some coin. Now I am hoping someone will assist in other thread so I can install the rivets this afternoon and take her out for a spin.
SCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2021, 04:01 PM   #2
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Battery Tray < $60

Here’s a hot budget tip: old steel bed frames are a great source of free metal to build stuff with. People give them away.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #3
SCfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Battery Tray < $60

Yeah I have some of that but all I have is 1/16" . I went back with same size the factory used. Great tip though.
SCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO