lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2021, 01:53 AM   #1
Dan Craig
Not Yet Wild

Default PCX-956 - front hubs

hello everyone,
We have a couple 1994 PCX-956 carts which were 6 passenger but converted to flat bed.

I'm scavenging some parts off one before we scrap it to fix up the remaining cart.

I wonder whether it's possible to fit the more standard 4 lug hub like is used on a TXT instead of the 5 lug hub the PCX is using now? The spindle has 1" diameter axle for the hub, but differences in length are unknown to me as I don't have spindles or hubs from a TXT available to measure or test.

Additionally, I've found info which indicated the grease seal on the 5 lug hub is the same dimensionally as the 4 lug hub but while I want to hope I'd like some confirmation. My PCX service manual references part #12092-g1 for the grease seal - can anyone cross reference that for me? If I'm not able to convert to 4 lug hubs, I could purchase those seals locally if they are in fact the same.

Many thanks in advance for any info.
Dan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
Dan Craig
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: PCX-956 - front hubs

Judging by the lack of responses, I am recognizing I have a habit of asking obscure questions about carts no-one has. Can't say that I blame you all for not having much to say about these silly PCX carts.

I'll just go to my nearby dealer and see what he can rustle up for me.
Old 12-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Folks here try to help when they can. I don't reply if I don't know how to help - and many others do the same.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #4
Dan Craig
Not Yet Wild

Yup, I totally understand.

I don't think there's much interest in these carts - not really old enough to be vintage, and clumsy in some of their design. Just something I've inherited maintenance on and they have been neglected for many years.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO