lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #1
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Default Diagnosing Non-Running 2006 Precedent

Bought a 2006 Precedent that was missing parts (pedal group, MCOR, harness assembly for dash, key switch, battery light). Bought and installed a Gen 2 pedal group, MCOR 4 (and adaptor harness), harness assembly for dash, and key switch. Won’t run!!!

It’s the 4-12 volt setup with the controller running between batteries. Looks like I’m getting 48+ volts at key switch. Looking for some help diagnosing what may be the issue. I’m assuming there’s multiple steps to checking each part……I just don’t know where to start.

I used another Precedent to compare connections within dash for key switch. I don’t have a battery light yet to connect……I’m assuming that connection isn’t necessary for it to at least run???? I also tried “jumping” the battery light wires within the harness assembly in case it mattered but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!
lordj37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Diagnosing Non-Running 2006 Precedent

Good place to start is to read the "stickies". They have a lot of good diagnostic instructions. Start at battery pack negative and check all connections and components as you work your way back to pack positive. May find something simple as you go. Clean/replace any wires/connections that seem questionable. Remember, you got a 16 year old cart, lot of the wires/connections are going to have corrosion/bad. This will eliminate these possibilities.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:32 PM   #3
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Good place to start is to read the "stickies". They have a lot of good diagnostic instructions. Start at battery pack negative and check all connections and components as you work your way back to pack positive. May find something simple as you go. Clean/replace any wires/connections that seem questionable. Remember, you got a 16 year old cart, lot of the wires/connections are going to have corrosion/bad. This will eliminate these possibilities.
Thanks Bama! I’ll be sure to check those sticky’s. I’ve started down the list of connections but will do as you suggest. I assume what you’re saying is to put my black lead on Volt meter on pack negative and use red lead to go through all my electronics? With key switch and run/tow left on?
Old 12-28-2021, 08:53 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

You will test different components different ways. As you go thru the suggestions in the stickies, you will see.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:05 PM   #5
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Finally have the time to get back at this project. Replaced the solenoid but still no power and no click at solenoid. Haven’t had a chance to trace down where the problem is and still looking for suggestions. Going to start with Bama’s suggestions tomorrow morning by starting at pack negative and working through things. If anyone has additional suggestions I’m all ears! Couldn’t find the sticky that would help pinpoint what I need to do so if anyone knows which one would help please let me know.

*****I do not have a reverse buzzer or battery light connected. Do those need connected to make everything work as it should or no?*****
Old 01-07-2022, 09:17 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Usually not, I would do diagnostics before you start throwing money at replacing things. That can get expensive fast and it COULD be just a bad connection that isn't obvious.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:50 PM   #7
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

What's the pack voltage and have you charged it?
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:33 PM   #8
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
What's the pack voltage and have you charged it?
Pack voltage is 51.3. I have not tried charging it. Based on suggestions and troubleshooting, it looks like the controller is bad…..and possibly the OBC. sent the controller off to Casey at Controller MD. Once I get that back I’m hoping I can confirm some things and diagnose the OBC.
Old 01-30-2022, 09:39 PM   #9
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Update…..controller received and installed Now the cart will only turn on for a second or two before it shuts off with a click of the solenoid. Release pedal and try again with same result each time in forward and reverse. Took motor apart and the brushes look good. Batteries are out of another cart so I know those are good. Also put a solenoid in that I know is good and ended up with same results. Hooked my Modz charger up to see what that would do but charger would not work. Wondering if the OBC is shot as well?
Old 01-30-2022, 11:05 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Modz charger should not need the OBC - you should have it bypassed.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car