lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #11
1sharphook

Default Re: Upgrade to Litium batteries

Tom,

Thanks. Do you have any idea why your battery sticker shows a rating different than this one pictured from their website? It clearly states 75A continuous on the battery picture.

Are you aware of any internal changes to the battery that would allow the rating to be changed from 75A to 150A?

https://ecobattery.com/products/48v-...d-tempo-bundle

Added comment: I've looked further and every Eco 72ah battery picture or video I've found online reads 75A continuous on the battery. I'd like to send an inquiry to Eco on this matter. Can you please post a pic of your battery label?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2022, 04:21 PM   #12
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

They could be using different cells.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 02:59 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
Tom,

Thanks. Do you have any idea why your battery sticker shows a rating different than this one pictured from their website? It clearly states 75A continuous on the battery picture.

Are you aware of any internal changes to the battery that would allow the rating to be changed from 75A to 150A?

https://ecobattery.com/products/48v-...d-tempo-bundle

Added comment: I've looked further and every Eco 72ah battery picture or video I've found online reads 75A continuous on the battery. I'd like to send an inquiry to Eco on this matter. Can you please post a pic of your battery label?
I misunderstood and quoted the MCD amps it shows on-line. The battery does show 75 MCD amps just like the photo on line.

I have some messages in to EB and am waiting for the reply. I seem to recall some talk about this last year. For some reason I think the battery tags are wrong. I'll be following up on this.

Edit: Go to this link and see posts #9, 10 and 11. The website is correct at 150 MCD amps.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=177695
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20220130_193725681.jpg (106.8 KB, 0 views)
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:24 PM   #14
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Update: I received a response from EB about the battery amps. The numbers are actually better than the website states.

Here is the comment:
Attached Images
File Type: png Email from EB about amps.PNG (6.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-31-2022, 11:32 PM   #15
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Now they’re some good specs. It’s about time battery manufacturers started selling batteries that are up to the task.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:28 AM   #16
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Now they’re some good specs. It’s about time battery manufacturers started selling batteries that are up to the task.
I'm impressed by this thing, Pat. It has done everything I needed it to do.

Unfortunately, there are currently no dealers in Australia, so you probably will need to build your own!
Old 02-01-2022, 08:44 AM   #17
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Update: I received a response from EB about the battery amps. The numbers are actually better than the website states.

Here is the comment:
Perplexing that we see a battery label with one continuous discharge value, a data sheet with second different value, and now an email with yet a third value.

Was there any explanation provided on the changes that were made to the 72Ah battery as the number changed from 75 to 150 and now 175?
Old 02-01-2022, 09:24 AM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go to this link:

https://ecobattery.com/pages/dealer-locator

A local dealer can possible explain this to you. I have a message in to EB about your concern.

I have no concern in this at all. My performance has been stellar.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:59 PM   #19
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Unfortunately, there are currently no dealers in Australia, so you probably will need to build your own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
Perplexing that we see a battery label with one continuous discharge value, a data sheet with second different value, and now an email with yet a third value.

Was there any explanation provided on the changes that were made to the 72Ah battery as the number changed from 75 to 150 and now 175?
I would think it's continuous improvement, both from Ecobattery and from their cell supplier. As each batch of cells arrive they are getting better and better or they are sourcing better cells for similar money.

This is all speculation but it looks like the first lot may have been rated at 1C, 75Ah & 75A discharge (being Chinese cells, 75Ah de rated down to 72Ah to avoid legal issues if their claimed 75Ah aren't met). The second lot improved from 1C to 2C, 75Ah & 150A continuous and the latest lot to around 2.5C or even 3C, 187A or 225A. The BMS may now be the limiting factor.

It is a shame that their literature hasn't kept up though.

Cheers
Pat.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:05 PM   #20
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I mentioned that to EB this morning. The tech I messaged is going to try to login to the BGW site and make the information clear to all. This member user name is "Eco Battery" but it hasn't been used since August 2021.

Maybe it will pop up here soon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car