lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2022, 02:58 PM   #1
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1995 Club Car DS controller upgrade

I have a 1995 club Car DS Lifted with 20" tires, new 48V batteries (4 gauge cables), new D&D motor (170-001-002) but still has stock controller. I get around 20-25 mph straight away but as soon as I hit any decline the speed drops all the way down to 8-10 mph. I did a battery test on the incline and I'm still getting 44V up hill.

I'm wanting to upgrade to a 500 amp controller to add torque but not sure if the alltrax is worth double the price of the curtis. Can anyone help with suggestions? Thanks
SiBTiger107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 Club Car DS controller upgrade

The Alltrax has higher output numbers in all comparison categories. Assuming SR48500 control, 400 solenoid like MZJ400A or SW200, good batteries, and a complete set of 2g battery cables the motor will be the only limiting factor.

Comparison categories include peak (momentary) output, 5 minute maximum continuous output, and 1 hour max continuous.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:03 PM   #3
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the response. Will go with the Alltrax and update my solenoid. How essential is it to change the 4 gauge cables to 2 gauge? Thanks again
Old 01-08-2022, 11:33 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBTiger107 View Post
Thank you for the response. Will go with the Alltrax and update my solenoid. How essential is it to change the 4 gauge cables to 2 gauge? Thanks again
4g is fine for all moderate builds with stock motors. We have not sold 4g for a few years now because 2g delivers amperage more efficiently. This will help achieve the best results with all builds. 2g is mandatory for all aftermarket motors in my opinion. The same holds true for big tires, added passengers, and hills. A lot depends upon cable condition. New 4g could outperform old corroded 2g. A conductor is only as good as the resistance it provides.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:54 PM   #5
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks again. Will upgrade the cables as well
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car