lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2022, 12:35 PM   #1
Jwm81274
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 48V series DS no fwd or reverse with Navitas controller

I installed new everything. Batteries, 2 gauge wires, HD solenoid and fwd/rev switch, Navitas 440 amp controller and after getting the controller configured correctly the cart ran awesome. While body was off I figured I would run new wire for lights, lights, and more lights and new 48 volt reducer for all the lights. I removed the factory voltage reducer and tied all the negatives to B-. Each set of lights got their own circuit with rocker switch. I ran a 10 gauge wire off pack+ to key switch and split it to power new voltage reducer. Lights work beautifully but now cart won’t move. I am new to carts but not new to trouble shooting electrical. My issue is I don’t know exactly what is needed to make the cart move fwd. The solenoid clicks, the Navitas app shows throttle at 100 percent and armature voltage of 50 but no current. I want to bypass as much as possible to make sure controller and motor are good. If I read the wiring diagram correctly, pin 1 is 48 volt from solenoid and pins 2 and 3 are for throttle on the controller. Can I jumper 2 and 3 and apply 48 volts to the solenoid to make it run fwd? If fwd/rev is in fwd position. I have read that OBC can cause an issues with the solenoid coil negative so I would jumper that to B- also. This would bypass everything right? I don’t know what would cause this issue other than a loose connection but need a starting point. Side note I destroyed the MCOR trying to trouble shoot it. I thought it would come apart easily, I was wrong. New one arrives today. I thought the 5 volts came from the MCOR. Now I think the Mcor is a pot circuit for controller pins 2 to 3. If I jump them together it should be full throttle. I checked all the micro switches on the fwd/rev. All are fine. Thanks for the help.
Jwm81274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2022, 02:26 PM   #2
Jwm81274
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 01 48V series DS no fwd or reverse with Navitas controller

I checked motor and it is bad.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:51 PM   #3
Jwm81274
Not Yet Wild

I broke one of the motor connection because when I tightened the nut I didn’t use a wrench to hold the stud from turning. I was able to solder it back together and cart is good to go. I just wanted to post what had happened.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:02 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Solder may not hold up. I think they are usually brazed or welded.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car