lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2022, 07:44 PM   #1
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 DS jerking badly with Alltrax and D&D upgrade

I have a 2001 CC DS 48V. I am running 6-8V batteries. The batteries are brand new US Battery brand, and water level is above the plates. The controller is part number XCT48500-PD+ and motor is part number 170-502-0002. Using a brand new Schauer model JAC1548H. I

I installed the batteries, controller, and motor. When driving in forward or reverse the cart jerks violently. Especially if I go from 0 to 100 on the pedal. It's not as bad if I slowly press the pedal but still jerks and stutters.

I have made sure all connections are tight. Across the 8 batteries I have 47.1 volts. At the 2 pins in the charge port, I have 38 or so. That seems low to me, so I was thinking the batteries needed a good charge or two since they were new. And maybe that was causing the jerking amd clunking. I put them on charge all night. But I noticed this morning the LED on my charger was a solid green still, the same as when I plugged it in. So I read the paperwork and it says that solid green is for when it is just maintaining a charge, not charging. When charging it shiuld be amber color. I then thought ok, maybe it's an issue with the OBC. I took the black wire from the charge port to negative on last battery. No change. When I removed the ground, the green LED was flashing.

Do any of you guys have any input that would help me figure thus issue out? I am currently at a loss. Thanks.
GeeSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2022, 07:53 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 01 DS jerking badly with Alltrax and D&D upgrade

Your batteries are dead.
For that charger to work properly you need to bypass the OBC in the cart. The OBC is the reason why you are seeing 38v at the lower pins in the charge receptacle. Unless you connected the positive charge lead to the wrong battery.

The Negative from the receptacle goes through the OBC before it gets to pack - at the B- terminal on the controller. You'll need to cut the 10awg black wire that goes into the OBC and splice that to the black wire that goes to the B- terminal on the controller.
You should then see the full 47v at the charge receptacle. After that plug in the charger and let it run a full charge cycle before you attempt to drive the cart again.
More info and pics here:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=164786
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 09:20 PM   #3
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 01 DS jerking badly with Alltrax and D&D upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
You'll need to cut the 10awg black wire that goes into the OBC and splice that to the black wire that goes to the B- terminal on the controller.
Thank you. I went back amd checked. Seen where I messed up. Did what you said. Now it seems to be charging correctly!!
Old 02-19-2022, 08:46 AM   #4
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Angry Re: 01 DS jerking badly with Alltrax and D&D upgrade

I charged it all night. Unplugged it and drove around the neighborhood a little. It ran great. Was doing 23MPH without any jerking. It was 20 degrees and all i had on was a t shirt so i came home parked and turned it off. Went inside for a couple minutes. Came back to drive it more, and now its not doing anything. I connected to the controller and it is now giving me an error HIGH THROTTLE INPUT UNDERANGE. I can see the throttle gauge go up and down. But I swapped MCORs to see if it made a difference. It didn't. I'm pretty sure i do not hear the solenoid changing state now. Does anyone have any ideas of what i should look at? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by GeeSnow; 02-19-2022 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: better wording and explanation of situation
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car