lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2022, 01:10 PM   #1
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Default High throttle input error on Alltrax

I have been redoing a cart. 01 CC ds. New batteries, motor, controller. Been 1 issue after a other. This morning, I thought all was well, finally. Charged the cart after learning about the OBC bypass. I drove it a little this morning. It did great. Parked it in garage because it was 20 degrees outside. Grab a drink and coat. Talked with wife for a few minutes. Went back out to drive again and it wasn't doing anything. Connected to controller amd it's saying it is being shut down because of a HIGH THROTTLE INPUT error. Anyone have ideas where to start looking? I took the existing MCOR out amd installed another new one today thinking that could've been it. But no change. Please someone help! Thank you all!
GeeSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: High throttle input error on Alltrax

First I would check the throttle type setting in the controller. It should be set for Club Car 3 wire /MCOR. If it's set to 2 wire, 5k-0 or 0-5k it will not work correctly.
Also check the commanded throttle percentage that the toolkit shows. Does it change as you press the pedal? This should start out at 0% and rise to 100%.
Does the pedal return all the way to the top of the travel? You should be able to hear the MCOR click when the pedal is released. If not the throttle return spring/arm needs to be adjusted so the pedal can return properly.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 04:50 PM   #3
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
First I would check the throttle type setting in the controller. It should be set for Club Car 3 wire /MCOR. If it's set to 2 wire, 5k-0 or 0-5k it will not work correctly.
Also check the commanded throttle percentage that the toolkit shows. Does it change as you press the pedal? This should start out at 0% and rise to 100%.
Does the pedal return all the way to the top of the travel? You should be able to hear the MCOR click when the pedal is released. If not the throttle return spring/arm needs to be adjusted so the pedal can return properly.
The throttle type was setup as Club Car PD+ (VGlide) when I received the controller in the mail. It always worked on that. It's never worked with it set to MCOR,even though my cart has an MCOR. I don't understand that. Throttle percentage shown on monitor is 0, I press pedal as slow as I can I then hear the "click" from the MCOR. At that time, the percentage goes up to 100, even though I have a lot of pedal left. That is also when the monitor shows SHUTDOWN and HIGH THROTTLE INPUT UNDERRANGE error flags. The pedal is returning as it should.

EDIT: After typing the above response, I went ahead and changed the throttle type to MCOR, and while pressing the pedal, throttle never went above 0. I then put it back to PD+ VGlide, and now it shows like it did before...0, then 100 as soon as i hear the MCOR click. Ive also swapped to a new MCOR with no luck.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:41 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ok, it's possible someone has swapped an MCOR into that cart when it originally came with a V-glide MSP.
You'll need to check the voltage that's getting to the controller on pin 2 on the Yellow wire. It should start around 0.5v and go up to around 4.5v as the throttle is pressed down.
Also check the output to the MCOR which should be the White/blk stripe wire on pin 1. This should be approx 4.6 - 5.0v.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:12 PM   #5
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok, it's possible someone has swapped an MCOR into that cart when it originally came with a V-glide MSP.
You'll need to check the voltage that's getting to the controller on pin 2 on the Yellow wire. It should start around 0.5v and go up to around 4.5v as the throttle is pressed down.
Also check the output to the MCOR which should be the White/blk stripe wire on pin 1. This should be approx 4.6 - 5.0v.
It's a frame I got from my father in law. I know nothing was ever changed or upgraded. I bought new batteries, and did an upgraded new alltrax controller and a D&D motor. When I bought the controller, the company actually sent the wrong one as the plug on it didn't match my plug. I called and they sent the correct one. They originally programmed it. Now I'm putting it all together, trying to make it work. I will check the voltages you mentioned tomorrow and will post what I find. I don't understand how it worked fine 1 trip this morning finally, then now nothing. Thank you.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:03 AM   #6
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
OK. So went out there this morning. I am not sure what the actual pin numbers are on the plug. But on the 3 wire plug on the MCOR i have a white/black, yellow/black and a purple. I have 0 volts all the time on the white/black as well as the yellow/black. Im going to say the white/black is at is pin 1 (it is the top far right pin) and the yellow/black is pin 2. i was poking around, and i do see a voltage change when pressing the pedal on a solid white wire that im going to call pin 5. It starts as 0V, then goes to 20V as soon as the MCOR makes the click sound from pressing the pedal.The drawing i have says pin 5 is for OBC CHARGE INTERLOCK. I did take the black from the charging port to ground after cutting it from the OBC. so i could charge batteries with my new (smart) charger. Do you think this is related to my issue? Should i do something else because of this wire, or is it not related? Please advise. Thanks. Below is a link to a picture of my plug for pin reference.

https://postimg.cc/1gKqBVnf

EDIT:I went ahead and connected the blue and the white wire from the 6 pin plug. I can now hear the solenoid click as should. I ran the controller monitor and it is not giving me any errors now. I can clearly see the throttle bar gradually go up from 0-100 as i press the pedal. Only issue now is the motor doesnt turn.....What am i missing? Thanks. Below is link to screenshot of monitor. In this screenshot, it doesnt show forward or reverse switch input as high. But it is. it may have been in N when i took the screenshot. Anywho, motor still isnt turning.

https://postimg.cc/HJ7fdJj6
Old 02-21-2022, 11:02 AM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ahh, try disconnecting the charge interlock wire (blue wire pin 5). If that is connected, The Alltrax will get confused and not allow the cart to move. And neither interlock setting will recognize properly. I've talked with Alltrax tech about this and they were "looking into it". I actually need to check back with them because I have a cart with a brand new XCT500 that has this same issue.

Also I'm fairly certain you need to have the throttle type set to MCOR. After you save that setting turn the controller off, turn Tow/Run off for a minute or so, then back on and the controller should relearn the throttle setting when it turns on.
And also, Since you're having issues with throttle I would be doing everything with the rear wheels of the cart off the ground, until you get things sorted out. Don't need to have a cart runaway situation. It's less likely to happen with the Alltrax than it was with older setups, but still something to be cautious of.
Old 02-21-2022, 04:26 PM   #8
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great assistance on this thread, Fairtax!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car