lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2022, 04:03 PM   #1
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default RXV brakes

Got a cart that the customer said battery was smokin. Took it for a ride and it felt slow. Then it made some crunching noise and was fast. Well found out the crunching noise was the brake disc shattering. So replaces the brake asm, went to drive the cart and about 100 foot in it got real slow. Checked for heat and the brake was just warm. Headed back to the shop then all was good. Double checked the install and wire connections and the cart ran great. Well after about a mile at 28 mph the brake locked up and is extremely hot. Before it locked up all was working as it should.

Is there something that would cause the brake to drag. I don’t feel it was dragging until the last little bit. Like I said I was cruising at 28 smooth as can be then screech done.
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2022, 04:16 PM   #2
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV brakes

If I plug in the brake bypass it does release. But now the cart won’t go. Cycle the key. Get the beep and solenoid but brakes don’t unlock and no travel.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:33 PM   #3
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

There is a specific procedure to replacing the brake. It must be aligned and tightened correctly or it will fail very quickly. Many new RXV brakes died a quick death from over tightening. I don't have the procedure with me but if you do a quick search you'll find it on here. Unfortunately you will probably need a new brake again.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:08 PM   #4
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's recommended to only use the OEM brake. Sometimes after market ones don't last if they work at all. Here's the install procedure.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ke+replacement
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 01:48 PM   #5
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Double checked everything, still no brake release when in run mode or tow mode, No power going to the brakes and no going to solenoid after initial click.

I can switch the plugs under the plastic cover and the brakes release. I am assuming the controller died. Got a new cable adaptor for the handheld on the way.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:48 PM   #6
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

So still learning how to read some of this stuff. I see the brake command is at 100%. This is with the cart at rest and no pedals pushed and brake limit switch shows on. When the brake pedal is pressed the mapped brake % does change. When the accl is pressed the pedal switch turns on but I get 0 on the throttle command and mapped throttle.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:03 PM   #7
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did you install an OEM brake or aftermarket? If aftermarket, it's failed already and needs to be replaced with an OEM brake and torqued to 55-60 inch pounds for all three screws.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:18 PM   #8
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Yes installed OEM brake and torqued
Old 03-08-2022, 06:21 PM   #9
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Here’s a shot of what I got
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8427853B-C421-48C4-95B2-31D4B89657C3.jpg (206.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-08-2022, 08:26 PM   #10
4wealn
Not Yet Wild

Might need a new brake switch. Mine with the pedal not pressed reads 0 volts and as you push the pedal it increases up to 5 volts.
4wealn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO