lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2022, 02:51 PM   #1
JWA
Not Yet Wild

Default Real Impact of New Batteries over 80% Batteries

On the fence about buying new batteries and looking for some realistic impact from folks. Full charge on the pack is 49.9 after full charge. Per the charts, this is about 80% of full capacity. Cart is not used often, but does have Navitas 440 controller, 2ga cables and 400amp solenoid, stock Club Car motor. Cart goes the distance I need it to. But, would I see noticeable performance/duration impact with new, probably Trojan, batteries that would charge to 100%. Current batteries are 2016 PD+ batteries. Not quite ready to go lithium, yet. Thanks for any info.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2022, 03:47 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Real Impact of New Batteries over 80% Batteries

Just my .02

You’ve got upgrades, which demand more of the batteries. You will notice a difference between 80% and new. Keep in mind you only have down to 50% AT MOST anyway on good batteries before you need to recharge. so starting at 80% you’ve gone from 50% useable battery (full 100% charge to the 50% mark) life to 30% (80% “full” to 50%) Youve lost 40% of your overall capacity. That’s basic math, I know the actual discharge curve varies from just percentages, but this illustrates the point.

If you’re just trying to kick the can further down the road before buying new batteries, search my old post in the general bs section about fixing old batteries. I’ve had good results extending batteries with baking soda and fresh acid. No it won’t make them “new” and never claimed it would, but I’ve brought 10 year old batteries back to life pretty successfully more than once doing that now. If you’re just trying to prolong yours a bit more until you can save up for lithium, it’s $20 well spent and certainly can’t hurt.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 04:01 PM   #3
JWA
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Real Impact of New Batteries over 80% Batteries

Thanks! Great info. I’ll check that out.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car