lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2022, 11:16 AM   #1
nasfd35
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring help

Can anyone offer some insight into some wiring questions? All of the original components have been replaced and someone butchered the wires. It seems like they had a surplus of yellow wire. I have a red wire that's spiced to black coming off of the F n R switch going to the solenoid. Other side of the solenoid was wired to the battery. A green wire comes off of the other side of the micro switch splice into a yellow wire which went to a toggle switch and goes to the number one spot on the controller. The other microswitch has a black wire spliced to yellow which goes in a number four spot on the controller and the other side is not connected to anything. I want a wire in a key switch and take away the toggle switch where do I begin?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220307_093647782_HDR.jpg (320.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220307_110933623_HDR.jpg (217.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220307_110951412_HDR.jpg (226.3 KB, 0 views)
nasfd35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2022, 11:29 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Wiring help

My advice. Strip it all out and start over with the wiring on that switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7609C588-85D7-4C57-8D4C-62F3302583E1.jpeg (127.6 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:41 PM   #3
nasfd35
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
My advice. Strip it all out and start over with the wiring on that switch.
I appreciate the picture, but schematics are not my strong suit. This is the back of the F n R switch. The top switch has a black wire to the solenoid and a green wire to the #1 spot on the controller. The other switch has a wire going to the #4 spot on the controller and another wire going no where.
The controller is a Alltrax.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220307_123655813_HDR.jpg (202.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-07-2022, 01:55 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ms2 and Ms4 are the 2 switches on the shifter. Ms2 will activate in F and R. It should have a wire that comes from the charger socket or pack positive. It will also have a jumper powering one side of the reverse switch. The output side will go to the key switch then the pedal switch and back to the solenoid.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:43 PM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

As he said....you will regret not replacing all those old wires and connections, since you already have it out of cart. Wire and connectors are cheap and when something doesn't work in a year or so, you can feel confident that it isn't one of those wires.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:47 PM   #6
nasfd35
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
As he said....you will regret not replacing all those old wires and connections, since you already have it out of cart. Wire and connectors are cheap and when something doesn't work in a year or so, you can feel confident that it isn't one of those wires.
I 100% understand that. I'm running all new 14ga wire with marine connectors that heat shrink on. I'm also adding a regular heat shrink on it too (just because I like redundancy). Every connection is getting cleaned and dielectric grease applied. All of the battery cables are 2 ga.
My problem is, this cart has wire missing/spliced with different colors and parts missing. I'm trying to build a new harness. I can trace and replace wires all day long. But when a wire is cut/dead end, I have trouble wrapping my head around where it goes. I need someone to dumb it down for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220307_175328915_HDR.jpg (106.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO