lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2022, 01:43 PM   #1
bosej60
Not Yet Wild

Default bad boy travel cuts out

Good afternoon I was given the task of troubleshooting my employers bad boy classic. I would not work forward or reverse I found two bad batteries and changed them it now travels forward and reverse for about 100' then cuts out and cuts out more frequently each time the travel switch is reset. The sevcon controllers are flashing seven flashes on each, battery voltage is 56v. The VIN#BBE514B3485006841. I will appreciate any comments.
bosej60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2022, 01:47 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: bad boy travel cuts out

Measure the battery pack V while the cart is sitting there, ready to run. Then measure the battery pack V while it is running down until the cart stops. Does it start out nice and high and drop pretty quickly? If you had two bad batteries there's a good chance you have more bad batteries and your pack V is dropping.

Make sure your handheld DVM that you're using has a good battery in it. We've seen many erratic V measurements that can be traced to the DVM battery.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO