lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #1
Keyser Soze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax controller settings

Let me start off by saying that I have spent the last hour here searching for an answer to my dilemma, and so far I have come up empty, so its time to ask for help.

I have a 48V 1991 EZGO Marathon with an Alltrax SR48500 controller. I have been playing around with the toolkit settings trying to get a smoother take off - with the standard settings the cart is very jumpy when starting from a stop. I fixed that problem by reducing the throttle rate down to 5%. but now when I let off the pedal and come to a stop, as soon as I release the brake it starts creeping forward like a car that is idling in gear. I switched over to the Monitor screen in the Alltrax Toolkit and saw that even though I am not touching the accelerator pedal the throttle is still reading 9%.

My short-term fix for this was to adjust the speed curve. The standard settings are 0-0, 1-0, 99-100, 100-100. I changed the first value to 10-0, so that even if the monitor shows the throttle at 9% the cart won't move.

This is just a fix and does not address the problem. I checked the pot box, and I can clearly hear the micro switch click on and off as I press the accelerator, and it is definitely not engaged, yet the throttle still reads 9%. To further confuse me, when I first turn it on, the monitor reads 0% (as it should), but after driving for a few seconds when I take my foot off the pedal it still reads 9%. If I put the cart in neutral and sit for a minute or so, it eventually goes back to 0%.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2022, 09:34 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax controller settings

Maybe a latent electrical charge building up on the cart and the throttle cables are worn through touching the frame? I would check the wires to/from the throttle for wear through on the jacket and for corrosion on any plugs.

Also, on my cart I have 0-0, 10-0 then a bunch of other data points then 90-90, 95-100, 100-100. In my mind it's not so much a bandaid as just a fault tolerant configuration. You can add as many as you need to. I played with my config for quite a while, adjusting turbo mode, throttle rate and speed map.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:36 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax controller settings

Check your potentiometer output. Maybe it is time for a new one? You should not have any trouble getting a smooth take off and clean stop with the SR control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO