lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2022, 03:36 PM   #31
Camaro69
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lower Voltage on Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I think your batteries are fine

I’d pay careful attention and use a meter while charging them. Based on the voltages you described, I do have suspicions the charger is not functioning correctly. They should almost immediately go to high 50’s during the bulk charging phase for a few hours, at 17 amps or so, slowly decreasing the amperage as the voltage goes up. Then charge up to around 62-63v at low amperage (5ish or less) for an hour or so, then the charger should shut off. From a normal 10 mile day I wouldn’t expect it to take more than 4-5 hours until it’s done and it shuts off. I suspect your charger is not functioning properly.

These are estimates, I don’t know if the Eric charger you have is equipped with an amperage gauge or not. But you wouldn’t have an OBC on the cart. It has been a while since I had a stock charger and lead batteries though, but generally the process above *should* be pretty close to accurate. I’m positive someone will correct me if I’m wrong.
Good idea on the multi-meter while charging.

Just plugged it in and showing 59.69v while the in dash meter show 60v while going through a re-charge stage.

Here's a pic of a label on my Eric charger. No gauge on it, but it does have a usb port which I thought was strange.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger.jpg (120.1 KB, 0 views)
Camaro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2022, 09:08 AM   #32
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The USB port is for programming the charger.
The ERIC is a rebranded Delta-Q IC650. Takes all the same algorithms and uses the same software. If you change battery brands you'll use the USB port to upload a new algorithm to the charger so it will properly charge the new batteries. You can also pull charge history and view it using the Delta-Q Simple IDAT software.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 11:58 AM   #33
Camaro69
Gone Wild

Played 18 today and total miles would be about 11-12 with the trip to the course and home.

Now on the way home the yellow dash light came on when the voltage and % went down as there's a hill heading home.

When I got home the yellow dash light was still on, but the voltage was 49.5 and battery % at 70.

I'm guessing the yellow dash light tripped under load.

So should I just ignore the yellow dash light and base my battery strength on the digital meter which shows the voltage and %?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2022, 01:50 PM   #34
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Digital meter is best gauge of battery condition. As you ride, pay attention to how it dips, recovers, etc. Over time, you will notice when they are doing something different/odd. Keep an eye on the water. As batteries age, like us, they don't perform as they once did, but any sudden change is a sign that somethings not right and needs to be investigated further. Glad you discovered low water be fore it did more damage to your batteries.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 01:55 PM   #35
Camaro69
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Digital meter is best gauge of battery condition. As you ride, pay attention to how it dips, recovers, etc. Over time, you will notice when they are doing something different/odd. Keep an eye on the water. As batteries age, like us, they don't perform as they once did, but any sudden change is a sign that somethings not right and needs to be investigated further. Glad you discovered low water be fore it did more damage to your batteries.
Just don't want to get stuck on the course or even on the way home. But I do realize that's it's only a matter of time before I need to spring for new batteries.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2022, 06:11 PM   #36
Pupi305
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro69 View Post
This is the digital meter I currently have on my dash with the current rating after 24 hours of charging.

Over the next few days I'll pull the cover off each cell to verify the water level.
Nice meter!
Pupi305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car