lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2022, 04:06 PM   #11
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dash teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I cut the bottom of the cup holder off with my Dremel and then chemically welded it up high enough to clear what was in the way (cannot remember what I used to weld-PVC or ABS glue maybe). It's a short holder now but I can still hold something in it and have three others for the important stuff!

That’s what I was thinking of doing. I was going to cut it flush on the bandsaw. Not sure what to use to glue it. I wonder if PVC pipe glue would work???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2022, 07:52 AM   #12
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

For some reason I want to think that I used ABS glue (pretty sure the dash is not PVC and probably assumed ABS!). I went out and looked over the weekend but that did not jog the old brain :(
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 03:19 PM   #13
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
For some reason I want to think that I used ABS glue (pretty sure the dash is not PVC and probably assumed ABS!). I went out and looked over the weekend but that did not jog the old brain :(

Just got some. Now to figure out the best way to cut it flat….

Old 04-05-2022, 07:49 AM   #14
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

From memory (not that I trust it!) it seems that I cut off what I needed to clear the electronics (didn't have to be pretty) and then took that excess piece and cleaned it up where I could work on it. Think I slid i down from the top when I glued it so I have the finished side "visible" if you look down the holder.

Wish I could remember this exactly but I just knew I needed to fix it so I did what I did without really thinking about it too much (I tend to react quickly-sometimes good, sometimes not so good!).
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #15
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
From memory (not that I trust it!) it seems that I cut off what I needed to clear the electronics (didn't have to be pretty) and then took that excess piece and cleaned it up where I could work on it. Think I slid i down from the top when I glued it so I have the finished side "visible" if you look down the holder.

Wish I could remember this exactly but I just knew I needed to fix it so I did what I did without really thinking about it too much (I tend to react quickly-sometimes good, sometimes not so good!).

Thanks! I might make something on the 3d printer. We shall see :)

Old 04-15-2022, 09:09 PM   #16
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car