lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2022, 07:29 AM   #1
sfadchi
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT 48 will not move or charge after rinsing batteries

I know I shouldn't have done it, but I spilled a drink on the seat and it leaked all over the batteries. So I popped the seat and rinsed off the batteries. Now the cart will not move nor will the charger recognize the cart. I blew it all off real good with compressed air. I left it in tow mode with the key off all last night. Still nothing this morning. I opened the throttle box and it's completely dry and like brand new inside. Solenoid was not wet either, although I'm not sure how to test it. I checked the batteries and all are 8.4volts, 50+volts when testing the bank. Not sure what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
sfadchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2022, 08:01 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT 48 will not move or charge after rinsing batteries

Blow out the charging port front and back and see if that helps.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It should start working again when things dry out completely. You have water somewhere that is causing a problem.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:18 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Once the storms are done park it outside in the sun. I had to do that with mine once and a couple hours later it was fine.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:37 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Check for battery voltage on the blue wire coming out of the charge port. Supposed to be there when charger isn't attached.

Safety feature so cart cannot be driven away with charger plugged in. Electronic version of the old Red switch and a common source of stuff that keeps cart from running.

-----------
If blue wire doesn't have pack voltage on it, try a hair dryer on the charger port, front side and back.

If that doesn't solve problem, you can bypass the "electronic reed switch' by connecting B+ to the wire the blue wire connects to, but cart can be drive off with charger attached. Otherwise the charge port has to be replaced.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO