lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2022, 04:57 PM   #1
MeadowsSA
Not Yet Wild

Default ERIC charger lights continuously flashing

My wife uses our cart more than me picking up the kids and started to say the cart seemed sluggish. I started with checking the charger and have noticed something that I can’t find any info online with a similar error.

Here’s what I’ve noticed:

1) When I unplug the cart the green lights continue to flash on the charger as if it’s still charger. Now I have never looked at the charger after unplugging but I’d assume the green flashing would stop. The blue light is on as usual.

2) if I plug the cart back in in this scenario I never hear the usual click and the same flashing continues.

3) if I disconnect the charger from the cart and unplug the power source from the charger for a few moments and plug it back in, the charger blue light comes on with no flashing green as I’d expect when unplugged from the cart. When the cart is plugged in at this point I do get the clock and the charging green flashing starts.

4) At this point if I unplug the cart it goes back to number 1 in this list and the only way to stop the green flashing is to unplug my power source.

Is the charger toast?

Thanks for any help.
MeadowsSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2022, 05:50 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: ERIC charger lights continuously flashing

Likely, Yes, Unfortunately.
Check the water level in the batteries. Are levels correct?
Check the battery cables for any corrosion or loose terminals.
Check that you have full pack voltage at the cart receptacle.
Sometimes a bad connection of the positive wire to the pack can cause issues, check for any corrosion or damage/fraying around the terminal.
Check the receptacle for any corrosion or junk in the terminals. Make sure the terminals are clean and that it is easy to plug in. If it's difficult to plug in or has any debris in the terminals clean it with contact cleaner or brake cleaner and blast out the terminals with compressed air. Lubricate them with a quick shot of silicone spray or grease.

Remove the terminal cover on the charger, and check that the connections at the charger are clean and tight. With the AC power unplugged, plug the cord into the cart and check that you have pack voltage reaching the charger terminals. If you don't have the same or very close to pack voltage then check for bad connections or a bad charge cable.

If it passes those checks, time for a new charger. The Lester Summit II is really nice, and comes with a 4 year warranty, and several of our site sponsors sell them.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 06:04 PM   #3
MeadowsSA
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ERIC charger lights continuously flashing

Thanks for that info, I will double check all of that but I keep the batteries clean and corrosion free and check water levels weekly. So it’s sounding like it’s the charger but like I said I’ll double check all mentioned.
MeadowsSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car