lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2022, 01:05 PM   #1
dodgefather
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default slow go?

Jumped on my 2014 RXV backed up about 5 feet put it in forward and drove about 20 feet more then it locked up? Switched the key a few times and nothing. hooked up the charger for an hour and got the cart back to the camper but in only goes slow in forward and very slow in reverse, any ideas? its a 48 volt (4-12V batts) thanks.
dodgefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: slow go?

Plug it in and fully charge the batteries, then see if you still have a problem.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:56 PM   #3
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What's the pack voltage ? First things that comes to mind, could be a bad brake holding the cart back or possibly a bad speed sensor.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 07:42 PM   #4
dodgefather
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I didnt have my meter with me so I dont know, will check next weekend. Dont think its the motor brake cause I charged it for an hour and it moved just real slow?
dodgefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:26 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Agree
Leave charger plugged in till it reach’s full charge and shuts off on it’s own.
Opportunity charges where you plug charger in for an hour or so don’t always help. Hour charge here and there does not fully charge batteries.
Plug in charger and let it completes all phase’s of the charge cycle and shuts off.
Charge daily after use. I try not to go below 75- 80% of battery voltage before going back on charger.
Your batteries will thank you.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO