lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2022, 09:49 AM   #1
theski
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Alltrax G19 Wild Settings

Hi, Installed an Alltrax XCT 48500 in my G19 and looking for the Wild settings for my FN2 Analog character profile settings. I'm only getting top speeds of 17-18 mph currently (started with 11 mph with Curtis controller). I have tried Max Regen settings at 39.3 - 39.8 and 80.1 - 309.9. GE motor RPM's 3750 min-6500max RPMs and have the Street and Turbo modes both checked. I worked with Alltrax support but seem to be a setting or 2 off somewhere. Still short of the 21-23 mph. G19 was left standing for years in garage so barely used. Replaced all batteries, all 2 GA high quality welding cables, motor and solenoid Cables were added along with 600 amp Solenoid. I can easily make the cart do 11 mph again with the wrong settings so looking for help on the WILD Speed Settings. Is this all I can get out of the GE motor? I upgraded stock wheels and DOT tires but not lifted yet. Am I missing something other than a complete motor upgrade. On the Flats in SWFL so have plenty of torque. Any Wild speed settings would be appreciated.
theski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2022, 10:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax G19 Wild Settings

Are the batteries also barely used ? If so the voltage may be dropping pretty low under load. In any case check the battery pack live voltage when the cart is running at its top speed. If that voltage is more than 5-6v below nominal voltage then low voltage is robbing you of some rpms.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:28 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I assume you have made a log of your speed runs using the Alltrax software. If so, that should tell you what's going on. Look at max motor RPM, running motor current, battery voltage under full throttle. Something there is limiting your speed.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:32 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good idea. In the monitor check to see that the controller is seeing a 100% throttle signal and the max rpm is set to 6k.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:50 PM   #5
theski
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. Yes, new battery pack, everything is checking out properly under load. Even had Alltrax tech support dial in.

Having difficulty understanding the Max Regen Amature Amps and Max Regen Battery Amps as changes here can get me back to 11mph and even 3-4 mph in a hurry. I have a GE DC Shunt would motor.

Any help with these settings would be appreciated. BTW the AllTrax monitor has no Error flags either. MAX Motoring Amature and Battery are both set at 500.0 amps.

Let me know if I should be trying anything different. I know the cart can give more and I am just a setting or two away.
theski is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha