lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022, 12:53 PM   #1
billy2moto
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent 2015 New Brakes Not Stopping Well

Brakes started squealing some so I looked at the original (i think) shoes that had about 1mm of pad left, decided to replace all shoes.

Had no issues replacing. Loosened brake adjuster in front, reset self-adjusters to min, checked self-adjuster levers for correct operation, and adjusted toothed wheel until just slightest friction with drum installed. Checked that lever pushes shoes out and stops drum. Tightened brake adjuster back and everything felt fine. But, cart does not stop nearly as well as with the old shoes! Drums looked good, sanded drums and shoes with 80grit, same problem!

Cart is not lifted, has larger wheels.

What am I missing?
billy2moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2022, 01:14 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent 2015 New Brakes Not Stopping Well

Are they OEM Club Car shoes?
New shoes are not fully seated to the drums right away and may feel squishy for a bit, but usually OEM shoes are broken in within about 5 or 10 stops.
Cheapo aftermarket ones stay squishy forever.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:26 AM   #3
billy2moto
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply. They were not OEM. Brakes don't feel squishy at all compared to the old ones. Braking seems better after a few days. I'll remove drums and examine shoe wear in another week or so. If not getting better, I'll try to find some OEM shoes..
Old 06-04-2022, 02:06 PM   #4
billy2moto
Not Yet Wild

Braking has gotten better with use to the point of skidding the rear wheels if I apply enough pressure to the pedal. I don't think it will get better than that. I wonder if the OEM shoes would take less pressure?

Tags
brakes, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car