lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2022, 05:58 AM   #1
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Default Broke the spindle on 6" DS lift..Can I weld it?

So the shaft in my spindle broke right at the bearing inside the wheel . I have been trying the locate one and have not been able to do so. JAsons GC told me they were on back order from factory.

Can I get an old stock one and have them cut the broken one and the stock one and weld it ? Not at the shaft that goes into the hub but more towards the main support?

im open to any suggestions or advice at this point other then buying an entire new kit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift.jpg (79.1 KB, 0 views)
MERCENARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2022, 09:14 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Broke the spindle on 6" DS lift..Can I weld it?

Seems like an odd place to break.
What brand is that lift?

What year is it? Kinda looks like you have the old style hubs?

Does the end of the spindle neck down to a smaller thread, and have a flange locking nut?
Or it is same size thread as the rest of the shaft, with a castle nut and cotter pin?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:05 AM   #3
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Seems like an odd place to break.
What brand is that lift?

What year is it? Kinda looks like you have the old style hubs?

Does the end of the spindle neck down to a smaller thread, and have a flange locking nut?
Or it is same size thread as the rest of the shaft, with a castle nut and cotter pin?

96 club DS electric ..
It has a castle nut and cotter pin but the shaft that goes into the hub does neck down but the only part is that is threaded is the part that goes into the hub where the castle nut locks on . I'm just wondering if I can rig it by cutting off the bottom arm and welding another one on that's made for cart
MERCENARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:34 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Well, you used to be able to buy a 3/4" replacement spindle shaft that you weld on. Looks like most trailer places don't carry it anymore, but there may be somewhere that does for Go-karts or farm equipment maybe. They used to be under $20 for the spindle shaft and usually came with a new nut, washer, and cotter pin. Cheaper than trying to buy an OEM part and cut it up.
If you can finds a used OEM spindle assembly and cut the spindle shaft off, then it could be welded onto the lift spindle.
Or take yours to a good welding shop and see if they can re-weld the stub back on and grind it back down to the right size for the bearing.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car