lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2022, 08:26 AM   #1
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Direct battery connect for Summitt II

So, I finally figured out the OBC bypass from fellow forum member, thank you. I am having second thoughts about disabling it though, in case I either have problems with new charger down the road, or decide to possibly upgrade cart later and only want to include original charger on a stock cart. So, I need feed back on my too choices unless I hear from you something better.

I can mount charger on top of rear access panel (pretty much under rear basket on 2 person cart) and run wires to battery through a grommet to battery. Already made new cable with water proof shielded 12 gauge wire. I can leave enough slack to still pull cover with charger on it if need to, and if removed later putting some rubber plugs in mounting holes to get a new access panel. Or, I can leave shelf mounted (not on board) and get a 15amp 3 prong plug and drill hole under passenger area to plug in. Either make new cables or buy a 12gauge outdoor extension cord and cut and use ends.

I did order a real battery gauge since I figure the OBC light won't work properly if charged direct to batteries.

Input please, here are some of the parts considering:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q8FQ972...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XL9K3QM...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/DuroMax-XPC12...d_gw_ci_mcx_mi

Thanks.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2022, 08:52 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Direct battery connect for Summitt II

I have many carts at times and only 2 Lester Summit chargers to do the service on all of them. I use a SB50 cordset on the charger and 1 of the many adapters we sell like SB50 to battery pack which is a direct SB50 plug in left on the cart under the seat. Or I use a cordset adapter to Ezgo or CC so the same charger services many carts. There is also a Lester onboard cordset for direct connection of a cart mounted charger.
Personally I prefer not to onboard the chargers because it subjects them to unnecessary vibration, dirt, and water which can shorten their useful life.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:04 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Direct battery connect for Summitt II

I agree with scottyb! Even the better chargers are really not designed for onboard environment. I keep my charger on a shelf in the garage. Only reason I would consider onboard is if I had to charge at locations other than my garage.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car