lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2022, 10:34 AM   #1
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How close are rear tires to body of EZGO

I have a 2003 EZGO TXT stock height and I want to put 20-1/2" tires on the rear and in measuring how much room I have between the current tire and body I have 1-1/4" on the left and 1-3/4" on the right. Current tires are 18-1/2" so going to 20-1/2" I need a minimum of 1" of clearance which leaves me just 1/4" of clearance on the left side which is just too close for comfort. The frame is not bent but could the body just be on crooked? Measure your clearance and tell me if you have the same difference between the 2 sides. I could cut the body but just scratching my head in the meantime. Thanks!
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2022, 11:09 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How close are rear tires to body of EZGO

These 20.5 clear the ezgo TXT body but required a spacer to clear the leaf spring on hard corners. The gold color cart is older 2008 and the white cart is new style 2014. Both with the same size rear tire. The white cart has lost 300 pounds of battery weight with a lithium conversion so it may be sitting a little higher than the gold colored cart which has a few more years on the springs as well.

This is my go to tire for the ranch. Big sidewalls makes for a smoother ride and no lift makes for a lower center of gravity resulting in greater stability in rough terrain. And big lugs work great with big motors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2331.jpg (498.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2474.jpg (581.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:58 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Put some longer shackles on the rear and that will help.

Edit.. Also if you have a dealer nearby go see if they have any pull offs. The turf ag carts mostly come with the 20.5” tire and people like to upgrade. At least they might have a used one you can check clearance with.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 04:50 PM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply's. I actually lowered the back with a 1-3/4" square tube because added heavy duty 3 leaf springs when I bought the cart and I like the lowered look and handling (and I know I'll be raising it 1" with the bigger tires). The only clearance issue is the very lower part of the body opening, seems like the body is off somehow.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:34 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It’s possible the axle shifted on the spring so might want to check that.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:22 PM   #6
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I have taken multiple measurements on the chassis and I’m sure the differential is centered on the springs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO