lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2022, 03:02 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Resistor on solenoid always hot even when ignition is off.

I agree - I would not touch a "refurbished" controller. Often, when one component fails, it takes others out or damages them in the process. Unless the manufacturer does the rebuild and tests it with their production equipment, I would not trust it. Many controllers are potted anyway which makes them not rebuildable.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2022, 03:05 PM   #12
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

so I am pretty sure the the controller t the very least is a problem.

This is what I did to try and isolate the problem. My brother has the same CC so I started swapping items from my dads to my brothers 1 at a time.

Battery pack was good, I had to charge it up and bring them back from what seemed to be dead batteries after sitting at the repair shop for a year.

Solenoid was next and again brothers CC worked with all his stuff just my dads solenoid

I tested the computer same way, again it worked.

I was removing the controller to test it... something was rattling inside.
Assuming that should not be happening, maybe I am wrong. My brother thought it might not be a good idea to test it on his as we could end up breaking something on his. So no test performed but there is the rattling.

I have not tested the potentiometer yet but it was replaced new. It appears to be different than the original I have no idea what it is I'd have to take a close look but the physical shape is different than the one removed which looked like this https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/pro...MaAuUXEALw_wcB

So my big concern is that something in the wiring caused the controller to fail. My brother found the 2nd guy to fix it provided parts and was just going to pay for labor. He works on them on the side. My dad said that when he picked it up, still broken... the guy said it moved for a moment then he heard a pop in the back and he is basically done with it and can't figure out whats wrong. This is when I came in.
Geemonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:07 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Pop isn't good. Probably a blown Mosfet. Get a new - aftermarket controller like Alltrax.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:19 PM   #14
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

So everything that I know that has been replaced by the repair shops are the motor which my brother said is an upgraded motor from the original. The potentiometer was replaced I have the old one. Also the solenoid was replaced which I also have the old one and there is a huge crack down the center between the large poles. the computer was also replaced it too looks different than the original whichI also have. The controller really is the only thing that has not been replaced.

So I will probably just suggest a new controller as advised. My main concern is there is something shorting in the wiring which started the whole ordeal. Should I inspect all the wire runs? Maybe get new wiring harnesses?
Old 06-03-2022, 08:45 PM   #15
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds to me that originally the motor had a problem and took out the controller. Before you connect the new controller test the motor by connecting it the way shown in the attached diagram. You never did say but I'm assuming it's a Sepex cart. If it's a Series cart there is a different diagram. At least this way you will know the motor is good and not blow another controller. For safety lift the rear wheels off the ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sepex Motor Testing.jpg (49.7 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 01:31 AM   #16
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

CC serial number is AQ0251
Motor is a DD Motor Systems 170-501-0003
https://www.golfcartking.com/club-ca...0-less-torque/

Sepex means F/R functions wired on 2 circuits rights? So yes its sepex.

I will try this as soon as I can tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2022, 02:01 PM   #17
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

So after looking up the motor it is a sepex. I wired like the diagram but I just got a spark, which from a forum search means the motor is shorted.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car