lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2022, 09:32 AM   #11
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lester summit 2 issues

Directions for mine were:
1) DO NOT plug into AC
2) wire harness to battery
3) Hook Summitt II up to connectors for battery, (make sure you have voltage and connectors working properly)
4) After a sometime, can't remember 5 - 10 seconds? you'll get a light on charger
5) AC STILL NOT CONNECTED - Start app, should see charger, some crazy number like 2435568
6) click on it, you'll get a dashboard
7) go into settings and setup battery profile (if lead acid make sure correct voltage shows, if 36v select it, if 48v select scaling)
apply all changes (charger will reboot)
9) close app
10) Disconnect from battery
11) after about 30 seconds plug charger into wall
12) Plug charger up to battery connection

Should now work - if not, bummer...
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2022, 09:43 AM   #12
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
Directions for mine were:
1) DO NOT plug into AC
2) wire harness to battery
3) Hook Summitt II up to connectors for battery, (make sure you have voltage and connectors working properly)
4) After a sometime, can't remember 5 - 10 seconds? you'll get a light on charger
5) AC STILL NOT CONNECTED - Start app, should see charger, some crazy number like 2435568
6) click on it, you'll get a dashboard
7) go into settings and setup battery profile (if lead acid make sure correct voltage shows, if 36v select it, if 48v select scaling)
apply all changes (charger will reboot)
9) close app
10) Disconnect from battery
11) after about 30 seconds plug charger into wall
12) Plug charger up to battery connection

Should now work - if not, bummer...

Thanks @mtollin. Actually tried this specific order of operations as well. No BT connection. No lights on charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmeudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ok, I thought the first post made it sound like it was charging. But you say it's not charging so I misread that.

You'll need to check and verify that you have full pack voltage at the positive and negative pins in the charge receptacle on the cart, and then also check that you have that same voltage reaching the +and - pins on the charger when the DC cord is plugged in.

What cart do you have, and have you bypassed the OBC?
If the cart has an OBC and you have not bypassed it you will need to do that in order for the S2 to work.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:38 AM   #14
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Lester summit 2 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Ok, I thought the first post made it sound like it was charging. But you say it's not charging so I misread that.

You'll need to check and verify that you have full pack voltage at the positive and negative pins in the charge receptacle on the cart, and then also check that you have that same voltage reaching the +and - pins on the charger when the DC cord is plugged in.

What cart do you have, and have you bypassed the OBC?
If the cart has an OBC and you have not bypassed it you will need to do that in order for the S2 to work.

So this charger is connected directly to the pack not the charger receptacle, the blue override wire is not connected to anything st this point, only + and - to pack. Current pack voltage is ~49.8v. I have not bypassed obc yet since it’s connected directly to pack, I didn’t think that was needed in this scenario yet.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:40 AM   #15
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Lester summit 2 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeudy View Post
So this charger is connected directly to the pack not the charger receptacle. Current pack voltage is ~49.8v. I have not bypassed obc yet since it’s connected directly to pack, I didn’t think that was needed in this scenario yet.

Also this is a ‘97 club card DS converted to IQ via harness and instruction at revolution golf cars.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ok, So the charger is mounted on-board?
Does the voltage at the terminals on the charger match the pack voltage?

Also you will need to at least partially bypass the OBC for the cart to run, but that's easy to do later.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:12 PM   #17
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok, So the charger is mounted on-board?
Does the voltage at the terminals on the charger match the pack voltage?

Also you will need to at least partially bypass the OBC for the cart to run, but that's easy to do later.

Correct. You raise a good point. I’ll put the multimeter on it when I get home. If the voltage is not reaching the charger due to the wires, that could be a root cause. Will update in a bit.

Old 06-04-2022, 02:15 PM   #18
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeudy View Post
Correct. You raise a good point. I’ll put the multimeter on it when I get home. If the voltage is not reaching the charger due to the wires, that could be a root cause. Will update in a bit.

50.9v at pack

50.9v at Lester s2 terminals

Not plugged into AC, no lights

Old 06-04-2022, 07:58 PM   #19
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You won't get any lights when the charger is only connected to DC power. I can't remember if they come on temporarily when it's first connected, but I don't think so.
All three will blink in approx 2 second intervals when the charger is communicating via bluetooth, but that's the only time lights will be on when only the DC power is present.

If you open the charger connect app now, does it not show the charger in the list?

So you have 50v present at the charger terminals, so now what happens when you plug in the AC cord?

Also, what is the model number on the charger?
Old 06-05-2022, 08:35 AM   #20
Bmeudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You won't get any lights when the charger is only connected to DC power. I can't remember if they come on temporarily when it's first connected, but I don't think so.
All three will blink in approx 2 second intervals when the charger is communicating via bluetooth, but that's the only time lights will be on when only the DC power is present.

If you open the charger connect app now, does it not show the charger in the list?

So you have 50v present at the charger terminals, so now what happens when you plug in the AC cord?

Also, what is the model number on the charger?

App says no charger found.

If I plug in ac cord only the AC present blue light shines.

Model 3681

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car