lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2022, 08:24 AM   #1
Pwiddy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2022 CC Onward HP sound bar wiring help

I posted in the wrong place so making a new post here...hope this is the right forum.

I am unable to find the 12v factory wired cable that everyone mentions is in the front passenger wheel area. I purchased a 48v to 12v conv and was able to wire it up to test yesterday with success. I used soft connections just to verify it will work. I hooked the input of the conv up to the terminals circled in the photo below. Is this the correct placement? I read to use the first battery's positive and the last battery's negative.

Also, will it be okay to just leave this as is and turn the sound bar on and off manually? Or do I need to wire it into the ignition switch?

Thanks in advance
https://imgur.com/eLaBw75
Pwiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2022, 10:48 AM   #2
lambo678
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2022 CC Onward HP sound bar wiring help

You used the small blue power cable coming off the positive terminal, right?
lambo678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:57 AM   #3
Pwiddy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo678 View Post
You used the small blue power cable coming off the positive terminal, right?
no, should I have? I wasn't sure what that was...
Old 06-06-2022, 01:08 PM   #4
lambo678
Not Yet Wild

I would think so. I have the same cart as you, and plan on adding lights to it. I'm going to use that jumper, and also a black jumper from the last ground terminal.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:15 PM   #5
Pwiddy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I would think so. I have the same cart as you, and plan on adding lights to it. I'm going to use that jumper, and also a black jumper from the last ground terminal.
really interested to hear about your success once you get it done. I am truly ignorant on this wiring and have searched relentlessly to try and figure it out. I will measure the voltage coming out of that today but I assume I will need to attach the converter to those two wires you mention which would input 48V and output 12v in my case....

Then if the above is correct the system will work, but I will have to run another line to the ignition switch, or just turn the bar off manually each time or risk drain if left on...

I think.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:22 PM   #6
lambo678
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I'm going to do the same, install the controller using those wires. You would have to run a wire to the ignition so that the controller turns on when the cart is turned on. There are quite a few YouTube videos out there that show how its done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-6Q-0hFB8Y
Old 06-10-2022, 08:31 AM   #7
Pwiddy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes, I'm going to do the same, install the controller using those wires. You would have to run a wire to the ignition so that the controller turns on when the cart is turned on. There are quite a few YouTube videos out there that show how its done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-6Q-0hFB8Y
Thanks...will you be using the connector on the blue cable or cutting it off and making your own? I don't guess it would matter I just don't have anything that will fit whatever plastic connector that is....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car