lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2022, 10:32 PM   #1
ATXcowboy
Not Yet Wild

Default M-cor question

Can an MCOR be faulty, but still be able to smoothly accelerate from 0 to full speed?

My cart gets somewhat jerky when I’m steadily going about 20%.
ATXcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2022, 06:07 AM   #2
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Default Re: M-cor question

If you have an IQ motor with a speed sensor that could be bad causing the issue
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:05 AM   #3
ATXcowboy
Not Yet Wild

It’s an EMP motor that was installed a month ago to replace one that had gone out. Before the old motor failed it was doing the same thing of slightly jerking (lightly surging and slowing down) when going at steady slow speeds.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #4
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

what controller do you have a factory or aftermarket? I didn't have the correct feild map on my alltrax controller and it did what you said.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:33 PM   #5
ATXcowboy
Not Yet Wild

Trying to find out. I’m not really well-versed with this stuff.

I sent a message to the guy that built it with some of your questions.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:47 AM   #6
ATXcowboy
Not Yet Wild

Alright here’s an interesting solution. The builder said it doesn’t have an alltrax controller, so felt it was probably the MCOR. He told me to turn it off, put it in neutral, then press and release the throttle pedal really fast 15+ times.

I did exactly that and it actually fixed the problem. Smooth acceleration. Steady slow speeds with no surging.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #7
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

well good but that just tells me that if it happens again you should think about replacing the MCOR
Old 06-22-2022, 08:16 PM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXcowboy View Post
I did exactly that and it actually fixed the problem. Smooth acceleration. Steady slow speeds with no surging.
You basically "cleaned" the wiping surface of the MCOR by doing the press and release; it didn't solve the problem but delayed you buying a new MCOR for a bit. Start saving up (Site Sponsors have the good ones)
simicrintz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:29 AM   #9
ATXcowboy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
You basically "cleaned" the wiping surface of the MCOR by doing the press and release; it didn't solve the problem but delayed you buying a new MCOR for a bit. Start saving up (Site Sponsors have the good ones)
Yes, that’s what he told me. I went ahead and bought a genuine OEM on eBay for $60.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car