lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2022, 06:36 AM   #1
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default tow/ run switch question

Hey everyone thanks for all of your posts. I learn a lot here so and here I am again looking for some additional teaching from ya'll.

I have a CCP 06. I have bypassed the OBC, it has a commander series motor ( on it when I got it) appears to be original controller, and batteries replaced with Lith pack !.

Question, How does the Run/tow switch disable the cart? does it cut power to the key switch?

Does the tow/run ( regen braking or what ever it is) not only disable that function but do anything else?

I am crazy about putting it in 'tow' when car is off and in Garage and whenever I charge the cart. Is all that necessary ?

Is there any reason to put a main battery cut off in for safety reasons? Or is that just creating other issues?

Anyone move the tow/run to a more convenient location ? Just trying to learn more about the electrics of this buggy.

Any reason to turn to tow when charging or parking in garage ?
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2022, 09:28 AM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: tow/ run switch question

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
Hey everyone thanks for all of your posts. I learn a lot here so and here I am again looking for some additional teaching from ya'll. You're welcome for any help we can give.

I have a CCP 06. I have bypassed the OBC, it has a commander series motor ( on it when I got it) appears to be original controller, and batteries replaced with Lith pack !.

Question, How does the Run/tow switch disable the cart? does it cut power to the key switch? It cuts power to the keyswitch, reverse horn, F/R switch, and controller pin 9.

Does the tow/run ( regen braking or what ever it is) not only disable that function but do anything else? Same as above. It shuts control power off to everything. It does not shut main power off to the solenoid or controller.

I am crazy about putting it in 'tow' when car is off and in Garage and whenever I charge the cart. Is all that necessary ? No

Is there any reason to put a main battery cut off in for safety reasons? Or is that just creating other issues? Personal choice but not absolutely necessary.

Anyone move the tow/run to a more convenient location ? Just trying to learn more about the electrics of this buggy. No, it is only required to use during electrical maintenance or troubleshooting so the seat will be off.

Any reason to turn to tow when charging or parking in garage ? No, again personal choice maybe to stop worrying about things at night!
Answers are in green above.

Just make sure you always put the switch in tow anytime you need to push or tow the cart. If not damage to controller may occur. And of course anytime you are working on electrical items. Good idea to disconnect the battery terminals also.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
06 ccp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car