lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2022, 10:19 PM   #1
TBcart
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 ezgo TXT Low Speed only after hitting big bump

On my way home tonight In my 2000 ezgo TXT 36v with alltrax 500 pds controller and D&D motor I hit a big bump in the road I had my gas pedal all the way to the floor when it happened and lost about 60% power and never it came back. Now it's only running at maybe 40% power. I don't believe it's a loose connection because the lights and motor all work without flickering it's just like the power was dialed way back. Would this be a speed sensor? Even when I was going down a hill the RPM limit I have set in the controller was working to slow the motor at that 40% just like it would if it was running at 100%. So it really seems as it was somehow dialed way back. I'll have to check voltage and for loose connections tomorrow in the daylight, but just wondering a good place to start. Thanks
TBcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2022, 10:29 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2000 ezgo TXT Low Speed only after hitting big bump

Hook up your laptop to the Alltrax and do a log. You might find out what is limiting your speed. Could be a bad speed sensor - you can find out things like that with the laptop hooked up.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:58 AM   #3
TBcart
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks I will do that this morning.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #4
TBcart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Hook up your laptop to the Alltrax and do a log. You might find out what is limiting your speed. Could be a bad speed sensor - you can find out things like that with the laptop hooked up.
I found that one of the speed sensor wires came out of the spade terminal wire connectors it's all good. Thanks for you help.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:45 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good deal! I really like the Alltrax laptop program. It has helped me diagnose problems and it's very useful during initial setup and tuning.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO