lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2022, 10:52 PM   #1
boB_tee
Not Yet Wild

Default I need a new PDS controller but first some questions

So my PDS controller is toast in my '08 TXT. The first thing I did was to remove it and send it to someone here in Florida (via ebay) for repair.
The Readers Digest version of this transaction goes like this: It kind'a sort'a was fixed- sort'a...

So now I need to to buy a new replacement. I noticed that a few different online sellers advertise the new (replacement for the 1206mx) as "incompatible with speed chips". The new model from Curtis is labeled the "347".

I take this note regarding "incompatibility" to mean that there's only one default setting this controller operates with and that's what we all knew previously as the "all terrain" mode, or possibly the "Freedom" mode I prefer.

I say this because somewhere in the same description it says that the new version uses the 'best performance' and there's no longer a need to select it via the speed chip.

So, my question(s):
1) Does anyone here actually know what mode this thing defaults to?
2) Can someone here describe the differences between the 'All Terrain' mode and the 'Freedom" mode? I drive mostly on pavement with mild hills.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. My cart (which I'm going to sell to upgrade) has a custom select interface on the dashboard to select which mode to set the drive system to. This will no longer work with this supposed "replacement" controller and a buyer may wonder why.
boB_tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2022, 12:06 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need a new PDS controller but first some questions

Place a wanted ad in the carts and parts section. I am sure someone will have a good used one you can buy. Being you want to sell the cart it would be a cheaper option and that should solve your problem. If you were keeping the cart, I would have suggested upgrading to a better controller.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:31 AM   #3
boB_tee
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Place a wanted ad in the carts and parts section. I am sure someone will have a good used one you can buy. Being you want to sell the cart it would be a cheaper option and that should solve your problem. If you were keeping the cart, I would have suggested upgrading to a better controller.
Thanks, I'll do that...
boB_tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:49 AM   #4
DriftingAnomaly
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I swapped to an Alltrax from a fully functional 36V PDS controller. I was keeping it as backup, but I would sell it for a good deal.
DriftingAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:43 AM   #5
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will have one off a 2009. Waiting on my upgrade parts to get here end of next week. Will be posting for sale after that. I am located near Melbourne Fl
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:16 AM   #6
crob21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m in need of a new 1206 MX PDS controller. I’m considering upgrading but not 100% yet.

If you know anyone selling one. Let me know. Thank you
crob21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1206mx, curtis 347, pds controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO