lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2022, 11:09 AM   #31
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXTE-48V 2010 - Stops running, I switch to Tow, back to Run & it does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
With the run tow in run, key on, yellow on the small post of the solenoid should have pack positive voltage. Blue will go to ground when the pedal is switched.
I turned the key ON, put the cart in FWD, pressed the pedal.
I can hear the Solenoid click (so I was wrong earlier saying it does not click). Had some fans going and could not hear the click. Turned the shop fans off and I could hear the click. The Solenoid would click (Latch) immediately when I pressed the pedal. And would click again (unlatch) after a few seconds of NOT pressing the pedal.
So the pedal switch works.
The controller is making internal switch of the blue wire to the Solenoid coil.

Pack Voltage verified to be 50.2V.
I checked the voltage at the yellow and blue wires on the Solenoid.
With these wires connected to the Solenoid. I disconnected no wires from the Solenoid during this next test. Put my probes on the Blue and Yellow terminals on the Solenoid.
- With the Key ON, in FWD, NOT pressing pedal I got 0V.
- With the Key ON, in FWD, PRESSING the pedal, I would hear the Solenoid click and would see my volts go to 49.3V

I then disconnected one of the Solenoid contactor wires (Big terminals) and shot continuity between these 2 terminals when the Solenoid clicks (closes). I got continuity when the Solenoid closes, and when the contact opened I lost continuity. I believe the Solenoid is working.
In fact, it looks like the entire system is working all the way to the motor.

So now I am going to shoot the voltage at the motor to see what I get.
Is this common, to have a motor fail like this? What does it take to replace the motor? Is there a particular upgraded newer motor I should purchase if this is the case?

Thank you

What is the "A"? How does the pack power know to move the motor FWD or RVRS?

What does the "ITS" do?
Kortoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2022, 01:10 PM   #32
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXTE-48V 2010 - Stops running, I switch to Tow, back to Run & it does it again

No voltage at the motor (big terminals) when I press the pedal.
No voltage exiting the controller when I press the pedal on the same 2 Big wires going to the motor.

Ugh, what do you think? What would cause the controller to not send the voltage?

Is there anyway to troubleshoot the Controller as to why there is no output voltage to the motor?

Last edited by Kortoga; 07-16-2022 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: Add pic of my existing Controller
Kortoga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
txte-48v 2010
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO