lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2022, 10:01 PM   #1
Khyrmn
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 Club Car Lift Kit Options

Hello,
New to the forum. I have recently purchased a 98 Club Car DS Series and looking to purchase a lift kit and wheels. I know most say go with Jakes or All Sports. I do know that I want an A-Arm lift.
Does anyone have any information on GTW or Rhox lifts?
Khyrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2022, 10:14 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 98 Club Car Lift Kit Options

All sports is probably the best in terms of quality and support. But some of the kits are pricey. Their service and support are top notch.

I’ve used several of the steeling 6” lift kits and never had any complaints. I tend to run my carts harder than the average bear… great budget kit. Won’t have the ride of all sports but not bad either. They’d be my personal top choice based on price.

Jakes and GTW are basically the same thing anymore. They’re both owned by Nivel. I bent a jakes spindle once and dealing with their customer support was a disaster. I wouldn’t buy another jakes lift kit again just because of the sour taste they left with me.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:32 PM   #3
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a Steeleng 6" kit on the way for my 1995 Club Car DS. Old friend back in FL has done business with them said they had great service.

Should have it and new 22" tires up and running by next Monday.
Ger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:21 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I personally thought 22” tires looked a little funny on that kit. I ran 25” tires and never had any rubbing or any other issues.

Couple pics of a DS I built a few years ago. One pic with 22x10-10 tires and one with 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear. When I sold this cart the guy that bought it decided to pick the wheels with the 22” tires because those tires were brand new. The 25’s were a set I had laying around from a 4wheeler. So I swapped the 25’s back to my carryall. I liked them better anyway.

And just for fun my old carryall with 20x10-10 when I first lifted it, and the same 25” tires from the DS above.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 07:04 AM   #5
Khyrmn
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the great information. Definitely don't want anything breaking. However I know that all brands can have flaws or issues at some point.
I will look at Steeleng kits. This cart is mainly used to ride around light trails and on the farm. Kids love it.
Khyrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 10:24 PM   #6
awmyfreaknhead
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Couple pics of a DS I built a few years ago. One pic with 22x10-10 tires and
Hello, I like the look of this cart you had with the 22x10-10 tires. What size lift did you have on that cart? 6" or 4"?
awmyfreaknhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car