lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2022, 09:38 PM   #1
970Milehigh
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 ezgo DCS upgrade

Good evening!!
Starting a project on a 1995 DCS cart, it has been sitting 10+ years. I pulled it to my shop at work and gave it a quick power wash and threw 3x 12v deep cycle batteries in it to test. Only issue I got so far is the bearings sound awful in the rear end. Have bearings and seals on the way and axle out of the cart tore down already. Here’s my question:

I ordered a Navitas programmer for a DCS, kit #31971. I was told when I ordered it upgrading to 48v would be doable. Just wanting to make sure that is correct. I have a 48v lithium setup on order aswell.

I should have took some pics before cleaning, but I will get some pics of the rest of the project!!
970Milehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2022, 10:12 PM   #2
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 ezgo DCS upgrade

Yes I have a 98 DCS that I upgraded to 48 volts. All you need is controller, solenoid, 48v batteries and the correct charger. They fly when upgraded
DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:58 AM   #3
970Milehigh
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubK View Post
Yes I have a 98 DCS that I upgraded to 48 volts. All you need is controller, solenoid, 48v batteries and the correct charger. They fly when upgraded
I know the stock motor will handle 48v. And I do have a 48 volt solenoid on the way aswell, forgot to mention that. My main concern is if this Navitas controller will take the 48 volts.
970Milehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 12:30 PM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Navitas site says 24-48v...

https://www.navitasvs.com/e-z-godcs36v
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO