lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2022, 08:50 PM   #1
Sphinxj13
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v Slow incline issues

Hi everyone,
I'm having issues with my 96 club car ds power drive plus. I'm slowly trying to troubleshoot my issue but haven't solved it yet. My cart seems to drive fine on flat ground but once I get to an incline it moves slow. If I get to a big hill, it moves like a slug and will start jerking/stuttering. Also if I start slowly on small incline of any sort and push pedal down just a little bit and slowly move itll really stutter/jerk. Now I've replaced all the batteries thinking that was the issue but hasn't fixed the issue. Sitting voltage was 52.8 and all individual batteries were load tested as I drove and readings were: 7.9, 7.9, 7.9, 7.9, 8.0, 8.0. While driving full throttle the cart stayed 50.8, when I go up large hill the first time the voltage dropped to 47.8 and went back up over 50.6. The 2nd time it dropped to 45.5 but went back up to 50.2. Im not sure if pot, controller, or motor could be the issue or something else. Hopefully someone can give me some advice or thoughts. TIA
Sphinxj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2022, 09:10 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 48v Slow incline issues

Did you replace the cables too? Sounds like a bad cable or bad connection. Could be a connection at the FNR or worn contacts in the FNR itself as well
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:35 PM   #3
Sphinxj13
Not Yet Wild

No I did not replace the cables. I have not looked at the fnr switch and will definitely take a look at it. I don't recall having this issue in the spring then seemed like it just came about randomly.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:08 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That’s a lot of voltage drop down to 45v especially with a fresh charge on new batteries. I’d say there’s a better than not chance you’ve got a bad connection somewhere. Either bad cable, connection, or FNR switch itself. (Assuming you have a series cart with a handle shifter and not a push button FNR).
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:31 AM   #5
Sphinxj13
Not Yet Wild

Yea I agree with you 100%. I do have push button selector for fnr. Maybe it is the cables. I have been wondering if it's the Potentiometer since this is pre-mcor, but I really don't know if that could be a reason.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:51 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can test the pot output with an ohm meter. You should measure 0-5k or 5k-0 between the 2 throttle wires when the pedal is depressed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:24 AM   #7
Sphinxj13
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, ill try that when I get home and see what I get so I can possibly rule out one more thing.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:56 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Dropping 5v under load is not a big issue for 8v batteries, This is less than 1 volt per battery is evenly distributed.
Series carts slow on hills because they make the most torque aka power at their lowest speed. when you come to a hill the cart slows until the power produced matches the workload.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 03:08 PM   #9
Sphinxj13
Not Yet Wild

That makes sense but it never used to run like this up a hill. It's almost like it's not even going to make it up the hill and just stop on it. When I get about half way up the hill the cart starts jerking which definitely seems odd to me, almost as if it can't produce the power that's needed for some reason. Also about testing the POT, I think I have 3 wires coming out of it, a purple, white, and yellow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car