lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2022, 11:22 PM   #1
crob21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT Solenoid not clicking

Brand New Solenoid is getting + Voltage on Yellow Wire but no - Voltage on Blue Wire. I have tested all pins and I am good.

I am replacing the ITS in a few days because this is the last part before replacing the controller. I installed a jumper from Battery - to the Solenoid Blue wire post and the rear wheels spin.

I cant seem to narrow down why the - Voltage is not getting to my Solenoid.

I test J4 Pin 4 and get 14V when pedal is depressed and when pedal is pressed I get 13.8 V. When testing Pin 3, I get .88 V when pedal is depressed and when pedal is pressed I get 2.8 Volts.

I will update once the new ITS is in.
crob21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #2
crob21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Solenoid not clicking

Replaced the ITS and I’m still not getting the Solenoid to click. I’m thinking it’s the controller now!!!
crob21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:50 PM   #3
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Solenoid not clicking

Jumping the Blue from pack negative was smart. The solenoid looks like it is working if it would get that negative from the Controller.

What Controller do you have? I have a 2010+ TXT 48V with Curtis 1206HB Controller.

Check the output pin on the Controller connection for the Blue negative wire (Main Solenoid Out Pin 12 for Curtis 1206HB Controller) to ensure it is not pulled out, loose, or just not making connection. If there is a connector plug in between, inspect that also.

Inspect the wire visually to see if it is broken or shorted to the frame, chaffed. Probably not likely but you never know.

The negative switch for the Blue wire comes from the Controller which you have figured out. Sounds like the Controller might be the problem. I am new to this cart troubleshooting, but I work with electrical controls and programming for my day job. I have a few questions on here about how to troubleshoot my controller and motor and it has been crickets for a few days. So I found some schematics, other info from, and troubleshooting it myself.
Kortoga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, pds, solenoid, throttle, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO