lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2022, 04:18 PM   #1
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Regen 2 to iq slower than stock

I just did a Regen 2 to iq convertion on a 98 ds with a 39000 harness from Nivel and a Navitas 400 controller, Mcor 4 conversion and using the stock motor. Before the swap the cart did 18 mph, now it's 14-15 mph. I double checked settings, I'm getting 100 % throttle, speed setting is 22.99 mph, tire size is 18, on the fly programmer is at 100%, accel is 100% lots of torque just not speed. Should I also swap in an iq style motor? I thought the Regen 2 motor would work, speed sensor is plugged in and showing me motor rpm.
Timscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2022, 10:21 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Regen 2 to iq slower than stock

I don't know if the Navitas has throttle settings similar to Alltrax. The Alltrax must be set for Club Car with MCOR, not 5k to 0 Club Car.

The Alltrax needs to flash 5 green lights on power up to indicate this setting. If you see 2 green lights, although technically correct, there will be erratic operation. I'm not sure how Navitas indicates this.

I don't believe your motor would be an issue. What RPM are you showing? If you are getting just under 6000 RPM which is absolute max, your speed should be around 24 mph with stock 18" tires.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:30 AM   #3
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Throttle is set up correctly, cart runs fine, just falls on its face at 3100 rpm, 12-13 mph
Old 08-01-2022, 06:12 AM   #4
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

I double checked speed settings on both forward and reversed, both are turned up but reverse is real slow and forward is 12 mph on flat ground.
Old 08-01-2022, 07:12 AM   #5
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Is 47 .8 volts at 100% throttle or at rest?
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:14 AM   #6
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpenny89 View Post
47.87 volt on your batter is really low that is 40% battery life according to the charts
Charge your batteries and give it a try full charge should be around 51 volts.
That’s at full throttle, it’s at 51 volts at rest
Old 08-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't see a pole setting for your speed sensor. It should be 4-pole or 8-pole. If this is not set right it could limit your RPM to approx. 1/2 of what it should be.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:44 AM   #8
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok, I’ll look into that, I was getting the correct mph speed so I figured the sensor was set up correctly. It shows 3180 rpm at full speed, shouldn’t it at least show closer to 6k rpm? Even with reverse set at 22.73 it only backs up real slow. It has a lot of torque, spins the tires from a stop and gets right up to speed but I was hoping for a little more.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:25 AM   #9
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

I just got off the phone with Navitas, I have to go into advanced settings and I should be able to fix it there. Of course I will not be near the cart until Friday.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:21 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Common issue with the regen 2 motors is the speed magnet will crack and will not allow the sensor to read properly. This isn't much of a problem for the stock controller because it doesn't use the speed sensor data the same way that an IQ or aftermarket controller does. But if the magnet is cracked no aftermarket controller will not allow the motor to reach full speed because they rely on the sensor data for accurate motor speed control.
Remove the sensor and see if the magnet is cracked. If it is you need to disable the speed limit settings in the controller. And if that doesn't change anything or it doesn't work then you will probably have to get an IQ motor. As far as I know nobody makes a replacement magnet for those motors anymore.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car