lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2022, 02:44 PM   #1
n8huntsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Which carts and years have AC motors

Current cart is a 1998 36v TXT. I really want to go AC and lithium and am having trouble figuring out which EZ-GO carts and years are AC. Is there a summary somewhere? I haven't been able to find one.

As far as I can tell:
TXT 48v is DC. Is that always the case? I don't even see the TXT on ez-go website. Has this been discontinued?

RXV, liberty, express, and valor are all AC (did I miss any?). Have they always been AC or are there some years of RXV's that were DC?

EZ-GO has the express S6 and L6 but I don't see a 6-seater RXV currently. When I see a used 6-seater RXV, is this a modified cart or did they used to make them that way?

Thanks
n8huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2022, 03:34 PM   #2
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which carts and years have AC motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8huntsman View Post
Current cart is a 1998 36v TXT. I really want to go AC and lithium and am having trouble figuring out which EZ-GO carts and years are AC. Is there a summary somewhere? I haven't been able to find one.

As far as I can tell:
TXT 48v is DC. Is that always the case? I don't even see the TXT on ez-go website. Has this been discontinued?

RXV, liberty, express, and valor are all AC (did I miss any?). Have they always been AC or are there some years of RXV's that were DC?

EZ-GO has the express S6 and L6 but I don't see a 6-seater RXV currently. When I see a used 6-seater RXV, is this a modified cart or did they used to make them that way?

I know I can convert mine but just weighing my options.
Thanks
If you want an AC inductive motor and traction inverter over the more traditional DC traction controller and sepex/series motor on a TXT your best bet is to convert an existing TXT frame.

RXV units do not have mechanical brakes per-say. With the TXT conversion you get brakes and you can put a Navitas, SME, or HPEVS on any Dana19 spline TXT.

Navitas: https://www.navitasvs.com/acpackagesandconversionkits
HPEVS: https://www.hpevs.com/hpevs-ac-elect...-golf-cars.htm
DanaTM4 (SME): https://www.danatm4.com/

The RXV electric units have been AC inductive 3.3kW motors from release. So you could get an RXV but, they come with a heap of trouble with the motor brake etc...

Yamaha sold units that are now getting older in the Drive2 that have the same 3.3kW AC motor as the RXV but, have brakes. Club Car (new units) have AC motors and traction inverters.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:13 PM   #3
n8huntsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
If you want an AC inductive motor and traction inverter over the more traditional DC traction controller and sepex/series motor on a TXT your best bet is to convert an existing TXT frame.

RXV units do not have mechanical brakes per-say. With the TXT conversion you get brakes and you can put a Navitas, SME, or HPEVS on any Dana19 spline TXT.

Navitas: https://www.navitasvs.com/acpackagesandconversionkits
HPEVS: https://www.hpevs.com/hpevs-ac-elect...-golf-cars.htm
DanaTM4 (SME): https://www.danatm4.com/

The RXV electric units have been AC inductive 3.3kW motors from release. So you could get an RXV but, they come with a heap of trouble with the motor brake etc...

Yamaha sold units that are now getting older in the Drive2 that have the same 3.3kW AC motor as the RXV but, have brakes. Club Car (new units) have AC motors and traction inverters.
A lot to unpack there. Thanks. I was leaning towards just buying a used cart and selling mine but if I understand the gist of what you're saying, my cart converted to AC will be better than a newer (2012.5 and newer?) RXV?
Old 08-08-2022, 04:56 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The EZGO RXV carts gives you more bang for your buck then most other carts. You get speed, torque and there are a lot of accessories to go with them on the market.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:01 PM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Before I considered doing any work I would make sure you have a solid frame. With the open frame rails in the front they’re prone to rusting out.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:41 PM   #6
n8huntsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Im really entertaining the idea of a 6-seater. Did EZ-GO make a 6-seater RXV or are all of the ones I see custom?
Old 08-09-2022, 05:12 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

As far as I know they never did. If you go with a six seater look for a 72v cart.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:02 PM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8huntsman View Post
Im really entertaining the idea of a 6-seater. Did EZ-GO make a 6-seater RXV or are all of the ones I see custom?
Look this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DB95BFB2-5DC3-44FA-B114-A50FB3AA1C97.jpg (69.6 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 04:01 PM   #9
n8huntsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Look this:
Is this an Express, TXT, or RXV? What year? Stock or custom stretch? Seat base is OEM so Im assuming this is a stock 6 seater....That's usually the give-away for me since I have no other info to help me figure out if its stock or not.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:46 PM   #10
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Found the picture on google, it's a RXV, facelift, so should be 2016+...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO