lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2022, 12:22 PM   #1
huggi
Not Yet Wild

Default 1987 resistor cart only working in reverse

Hello buggie mates,
My 87 resistor club car DS only runs in reverse, I swapped the black and white wire on the F/R switch and it still only runs in reverse (with the switch now on F). Only hear quiet solenoid clicks when trying to go fwd, loud clicks going back.

Relevant maintenance, the first solenoid (to the right under the resistors) went out recently, ran after replacing it.

Any suggestions, thanks
huggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2022, 11:08 AM   #2
huggi
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1987 resistor cart only working in reverse

Hi guys any suggestions, I don't think it's a solenoid problem because only happening in one direction. My wife was driving, went in reverse then tried to go forward so it was stuck.

Still used the dump bed in reverse to spread about 10000lbs of landscape rock
Old 08-16-2022, 04:29 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Solenoid is probably not the problem, but it could be the microswitch for the solenoid on the back of the FnR switch. Or poor contacts in the FnR switch not allowing enough current to move when in the F position.

Actually first check that the positive cable from battery 1 to the bottom of the FNR is good. If the cable is bad then you will not get battery power for the Forward post on the switch.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:40 AM   #4
Kgrimsland
Not Yet Wild

You've wired it wrong. Double check you F/R placement of the wires to the first battery
Kgrimsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 05:53 PM   #5
huggi
Not Yet Wild

Hello friends, I figured it out the left most resistor wire burnt at its connection with the nut and bolt. I took all the resistors out soaked them in vinegar wire wheeled the rust off. Then drilled a hole passed the resistor wire through and welded it on the underside. Also took off all the nuts bolts and wire wheeled them all. See pics below. Cart runs great. Had to cut a little bit of resistor off so maybe an ohm shy but no big deal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0820221808a.jpg (131.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0820221808.jpg (189.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-07-2023, 07:51 PM   #6
Reuter5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It could be the wiper arm in the v-glide as well. We burnt 2 off them up before we converted it to a solid state.
Reuter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car