lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2022, 03:03 PM   #1
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Default Loose Control Board Wires

Trying to salvage this for a friend. Her Mama jumped in cart and took off with charger connected, snatched it off the wall. Somebody else tried to fix it. When I got it, all the control wires are loose. There are 3 with spades and one without.
The only diagram I can find ,shows wires going to spades on input board, there are not spades on input board for these wires.
Where do the connect?
Thanks,Muddog
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2022, 03:44 PM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Loose Control Board Wires

Need more information. Can you post pictures ?
sthreatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:52 PM   #3
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Had forgot to post em.
Getting old's hell.
It's not for the faint of heart.
There's also a loose black wire not shown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHARGER1.jpg (372.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CHARGER.jpg (481.9 KB, 0 views)
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Powerwise charger has 2 different control board styles. The later style board no longer uses the circuit board which stands vertically in between the heat sync and rear of case. I think yours has been upgraded to the later style board and any wires coming from that board are irrelevant. With the new style replacement board, one black wire from transformer goes to relay on control board. The other black wire from transformer goes to the pin on replacement circuit board which should be marked on the board as "xfr". Right beside it on the board should be marked as "wht" and is the pin for the wht wire from house current. Beside that is another pin marked on the board as "gnd" for the green ground wire from house current. The black wire from house current plugs to the other pin on the square black relay. The red wire from the circuit board plugs to the heat sync. The black wire from the circuit board plugs to the third small wire in the DC cord, OR can be connected to the ground lead of the DC cord. I'm basing this on what I can see in the picture and assuming that your charger has at some time in the past been upgraded to the new style control board.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:50 PM   #5
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There are 3 pins side by side on the control board on the opposite side from the black relay. If you clean off beside each I think you'll see the markings for "xfr", "wht" and "gnd". Once the later style replacement board is installed the vertical board behind the diodes and heat sync becomes irrelevant and can be removed but most people just leave it there and cut the wires coming from it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO