lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2022, 06:45 PM   #1
Warden902
Getting Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggy XTO

Has anyone rewired there bad boy to use one controller for both motors? This is a older one with two sevcon controllers running 4 wheel drive full time. This thing is junk when it comes to the controllers and electronics. I would love to change throttle input and wiring and install either a Altrax or Navitas controller.
Warden902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2022, 12:24 PM   #2
coosa
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy XTO

I wish I could help you, but I have never read of anyone doing that. I was interested in buying one when they first came out with them. After getting used to the quiet of an electric cart for hunting, I didn't want to go back to an ATV. I was in a club at that time that had some challenging roads and thought a Bad Boy might be the answer. One look under the seat at how complicated it was told me I didn't want to go that direction. I like to be able to work on things myself and one of those would be beyond my ability to keep up.

I usually read the Bad Boy threads on here and I notice that a lot of questions go unanswered. I don't believe that it's that posters here don't want to help you, it's that most just don't know about them. The company doesn't seem to provide a lot of support and there seems to be a general lack of knowledge about them.

I think you have the right idea in redoing the controllers and wiring. I would try to come up with some arrangement to be able to take it out of 4wd when it isn't needed. I have thought that the best way to set up a 4wd cart would be with a drive shaft to the front axle. There was a company who made kits to convert a regular golf cart to 4wd, but you could shift it in or out as needed. I believe that they are no longer in business. It might be possible to convert a Bad Boy in this manner, but probably more trouble than it would be worth.

Well, this post is probably worthless to you, but good luck in figuring something out.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:50 PM   #3
Warden902
Getting Wild

coosa,
I have a Club Car with a driveline from the back to the front and is selectable 4x4. It is awesome. Even though it is electric, it will climb a tree. These Bad Boys are way too complicated. I may tackle the Bad Boy and post my results. It will be stripped from front to back on electric components and rewired. I may look into putting a double wiring harness and put two Navitas controllers in. Could always use two ignition switches of sorts to use as 2 or 4 wheel drive if I go the route of two controllers.
Old 09-09-2022, 03:08 PM   #4
bpmerc49
Not Yet Wild

I have an XTO that is like new. I've never owned an electric buggy before. However, I put all new batteries in it and can not get it to move. Can anyone give me some advice on where to start troubleshooting this issue? Thank you for any help!!
bpmerc49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 06:47 PM   #5
Warden902
Getting Wild

Sorry to say this but they are junk when it comes to there electronics. If you are getting power to your controllers, see if the lights are flashing a code. Start there.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:54 PM   #6
coosa
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden902 View Post
coosa,
I have a Club Car with a driveline from the back to the front and is selectable 4x4. It is awesome. Even though it is electric, it will climb a tree. These Bad Boys are way too complicated. I may tackle the Bad Boy and post my results. It will be stripped from front to back on electric components and rewired. I may look into putting a double wiring harness and put two Navitas controllers in. Could always use two ignition switches of sorts to use as 2 or 4 wheel drive if I go the route of two controllers.
Glad to know that you already have a 4x4 cart and know what you are doing with it. If you do get around to fixing up the Bad Boy, please do make a lot of pictures and post them here. I feel sorry for some of the folks that have bought one and can't get it to run. There doesn't seem to be many who can help them.

The company I was thinking of earlier had "Imaginative" in their name, but they don't seem to be in business now. There is a company called Renegade in LA that advertises 4x4 kits and seem to still be operating. They sell a drive shaft, and since your cart already has a FWD system it might be possible to rig yours up without as much work as a standard golf cart. But 2 new controllers with 2 ignition switches would likely be a lot easier to get going.

I have always thought that an EZGO txt PDS would be a good starting place for a 4x4 cart that operated with a drive shaft. I think you could design a cart that would be simple and rugged that could be miles more reliable than a Bad Boy. I don't understand why their engineers decided to make something so complicated and unreliable instead.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO