lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Just Bob
Not Yet Wild

Default Radio mutes when gas pedal is depressed

i installed an overhead radio console in my 01 1/2 ezgo gas. The CD player works fine. But when the radio is on when i depress the gas pedal, the power stays on but the radio doesn't make any noise. The radio will not work while the cart is in motion. The cd player will. The console is wired directly to the battery. The radio came with 3 wires that i put on the hot side. They are for memory power attenna which i dont have and power. The other I grounded at negative post.
Just Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Radio mutes when gas pedal is depressed

You should have 1 hot lead that is constant to the battery. If youu want to turn it off and on independantly of the key, you are ok going direct to the battery. Is the third hot the antenna that you dont use?
If so, you should terminate that one and not connect it.

Good luck
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Just Bob
Not Yet Wild

The 3 wires are for memory, power antenna, and power. I said that the cd player works when pedal is depressed. That is wrong it skips in and out. When the pedal is depressed the radio light and station sty on but its as if the sound is muted. When you stop you have to shut the radio off and then turn it on again to get it to work. Does the power shut off at the battery when the pedal is depressed??
Old 07-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bob View Post
The 3 wires are for memory, power antenna, and power. I said that the cd player works when pedal is depressed. That is wrong it skips in and out. When the pedal is depressed the radio light and station sty on but its as if the sound is muted. When you stop you have to shut the radio off and then turn it on again to get it to work. Does the power shut off at the battery when the pedal is depressed??
No it doesn't. Could it be you are getting RF interferance from the ignition system perhaps ? Unlikely I know since it would probably just make the radio crackle while running. Most radios use a red for ignition power and a yellow for memory connection, double check these connections at the battery and also check that you have a good solid ground. Please let us know how it turns out, it's always nice to hear the solutions to these problems.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

you did not put the power antenna lead to the battery did you? Generally that goes to the power antenna to make it go up and down, not to the battery.
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

may it be that when listening to the radio, you push the go pedal and the motor starting draws the battery down to below what the radio wants? When you stop and turn off and then back on it may re set the radio.

have you tried turning on the radio after the cart is in motion?

Just throwing ideas out there
Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
jdkxtreme
Not Yet Wild

Blue does not go to battery....Only red and yellow....Red for power and yellow for memory
jdkxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:40 AM   #8
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkxtreme View Post
Blue does not go to battery....Only red and yellow....Red for power and yellow for memory

just checking
Old 07-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #9
Just Bob
Not Yet Wild

Well its raining today so what i am going to do is unhook the power antenna wire and just have memory and power wire to positive terminal. I'll let you know how it turns
Old 07-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #10
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bob View Post
Well its raining today so what i am going to do is unhook the power antenna wire and just have memory and power wire to positive terminal. I'll let you know how it turns
so you did hook the power antenna lead to the battery?
It should not be.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO